Jameson 'Jamie' Reagan x Detective!Injured!Reader

You accepted the tea handed to you by Jamie's grandfather and watched as he placed the sandwiches down on the table. Afterwards you had placed the cup down, you placed the chips and salad on the table. You had been injured while attending court as a witness. A couple of the observers had snuck a gun in and had shot at the defendant. You and your partner as well as the courts officers, had attempted to get them under control. Two court officers had been wounded, not badly, they had small flesh wounds. Your partner hadn't been wounded, you had taken a small grazing flesh wound to your right side. Your captain had given you the rest of the week to heal. Jamie had asked you to stay with his grandfather during the say so that he knew you had someone with you if something happened. Nothing was going to happen, and Jamie knew that, but he wanted you to spend the day with someone he trusted.

You weren't complaining you liked having someone to spend your day with, it helped that you had won a good chunk of the poker games that you were playing. The pair of you had also started playing trivial pursuit, Jamie and Frank had played a couple games when they had gotten back, Jamie had usually come to pick you up and had been roped into the game. At the moment, you and Henry were watching the news which was airing at noon as usual. You looked over at the Saturday news and dropped your sandwich onto your plate. "Is that Jamie?" You asked pointing at a uniformed officer. "I think so." Henry answered. You both stayed half standing, half sitting. You took a few shaky breaths in. "He'll be okay, right?" Henry nodded, "Course, he's a Reagan." You gave a shaky smile, before sitting down abandoning your food. Erin entered the kitchen followed by Nikki, "Sorry, just dropping off the roast for Sunday dinner." She called, but neither of you responded. "Pops? Y/N?"

"In here." Henry called, you still couldn't speak staring at the screen. "What's going...is that Jamie?" Henry gave his granddaughter a quick glance before drifting his eyes to you who sat paralyzed on your seat. Erin looked over at you, she sighed lightly, moving to wrap her arms around you carefully. She kissed your head, "Jamie's going to be fine." You smiled slightly.

You all watched as Jamie helped police the bank which had turned into a hostage situation. You watched as Jamie walked towards the bank's doors. "What's he doing?" Erin asked. "His job." You and Henry answered, your voice shakier than the older mans. Erin watched you both and clasped your shoulder while holding her grandfather's hand. Nikki slid into a seat and toyed with a chip. On the television, Jamie opened the door and disappeared into the building, soon he reappeared helping out several people. After the last person had left with the building with Jamie following behind SWAT entered. Moments later, they too left the building with the gunman in handcuffs. The reporter wrapped up the case. Henry flickered off the television. "Well, that's todays excitement over. Let's eat, can I get you something Nikki? Erin?" They both nodded, and Henry moved over to make them some sandwiches. While you stared at yours and sipped the now cold tea.

An hour later, the door opened, and you heard Jamie call for you through the house. You dashed to him and flung yourself into his arms. "I saw what happened on the news, what were you thinking? I mean I know I would have done the same thing." Jamie chuckled against your neck and you both pulled away. He kissed your forehead, "I was thinking that I love you and that the hostages needed to be saved." You smiled at him, kissing his cheek, taking a deep breath you nodded. "I understand." He kissed your lips lightly, "I love you, Y/N and I will always come back to you."

"I love you too, Reagan and I will always come home to you." You kissed his lips with fervour which he returned.