Doctor Jane Foster x Scientist!Doctor!Reader

Jane dropped into her office chair, she had finally gotten an office. She had created her own scientific research company that analysed the convergence and other outer space anomalies. She looked through the glass wall that was along the hallway, through it she could see into your office. The other walls like hers were solid and painted a light grey.

You were dancing to some music that was blaring through your headphones, this was part of your usual routine whenever you got stuck or restless, you would dance to whatever you were listening too, whether it was ABBA or AC/DC even the occasional Disney song. Jane had no idea how she managed to swing you joining her company, but she was glad you had. In truth, you had joined the moment she had said that she was going to be discovering more about space and alien technology.

You seemed to have realised something and were quickly scribbling it down, bending over your desk, foot tapping out a beat only you could hear. Suddenly your body language changed, you stiffened and dropped your phone and headphones onto your desk. The headphones trailed and falling to the ground. You dashed to the other side of your office and riffled through the filing cabinet. Soon you entered Jane's office without knocking, Darcy who had witnessed this from the hall also entered.

"It's so obvious why didn't I spot it before?" You asked but without waiting for an answer you launched into a tirade with little to no breaks between all the questions that you flung at Jane. "Right?" You asked a stunned Jane, Darcy turned to her. "You understand any of that?" Jane nodded slowly as ideas began to form in her mind. Slowly the pair of you slotted together the pieces of information and soon Jane was off on her own tirade while Darcy watched dumbfounded. "Wait, I'm confused, I only managed to follow half of that." Darcy told you two, when you looked over at her, you noticed that she had a notebook out and the page was filled with scribbles of what you and Jane had been excitedly talking about. "Thanks Darcy." Jane grinned back at her friend, before she turned back and began to ask you technical questions while you both poured over the files spread out over her desk. "You know, I need subtitles working in here some days." Darcy complained as she realised she had gotten lost and was scrunching her nose in an attempt to read her notes. "And food." She told you both as she rose up, "I need food, if I have to keep listening to this." She waved her hands at the pair of you. As she left, Darcy turned back to look at you and Jane, both of your eyes held a shine to them. Every now and then you would both sneak glances at the other, a not so subtle way of checking if they were interested. Pausing at the doorway, Darcy tried one tactic she had in her quiver, "Later lovebirds." She missed the blushes that spread across your faces but then you both did as well.