Sif x Maiden!Asgardian!Reader

Sif twisted thrusting her sword between the small crack in the armour of the invader she was fighting. He gasped as her sword twisted, blood fell in thick ribbons from his mouth and she yanked her sword back towards her, he slumped, and she shoved him backwards. He fell with a resounding sound that didn't seem to echo through the ongoing battle. She looked upwards expecting to see your grateful face, what she saw instead was you cry something, but it was lost in the other fights filling the hallway. A glint of what appeared to be a dagger appeared in your hand. You raised it and Sif felt a ripple of shock pass through her, it appeared as if you were aiming for her. She raised her arms and waited, she felt a whoosh of air as the knife passed over her. Then she heard a clanging of another fall to the ground. She turned and lowered her arms. Another invader was on the ground behind her, dead. His arm was raised above his head, sword laying scattered where it had fallen. Sif breathed heavily, her pants were loud in her ears. The other fights had stopped, the enemy lay slain at the feet of the Asgardian's, Frigga wiped blood from her hands as she began to heal Odin's wounds, Loki was standing behind you looking smug and impressed. Sif sheathed her sword and flung her self into you, you staggered as you took the force of her weight.

Sif extracted herself from your tight hug, she cupped your face sniffing. "How...who...are you..." You smiled and wiped the tears that fallen. "Training. Loki. I am not hurt, I am fine. Loki made sure I was not hurt." Sif sniffed once more and flung herself back into your arms. She looked over your shoulder and saw Loki tending to a wounded guard, lifting him onto a stretcher with his magic. He looked over and caught her glance. His lips turned upwards slightly. Thank you. She mouthed. Thank you. Loki gave watery grin, though he'd deny it. He gave a light-hearted shrug.

Tears stung Sif's eyes as your checked her for wounds and prompting used your healing magic to seal the cuts that littered her skin. You twisted away and walked to Loki, ignoring his protests you healed the hand he had broken and couldn't heal himself.

Later that night, you sat around with your friends and family, seated beside Sif as she retold tales of her previous battles, your head resting on her shoulder as she waved her hands about exaggerating some parts. Once she was done, she twisted her head to down at you. You leaned upwards and she hovered slightly above your lips before you closed the gap sealing your lips together.