Jim Gordon x Pregnant!Wife!Reader

You lay on the couch, at the place you shared with Jim Gordon, your hands resting on your five-month-old belly. There was the sharp smell of paint in the air as Jim had finished painting the baby's room. There was a hint of sawdust as he had made the changing table and dresser himself. You moved into the room, handing him a glass of water. He took it gratefully, drinking it down quickly. He took a breath and thanked you. Now the pair of you were busy discussing the nursery as well as the baby's name. You twisted in your seat, so you were sitting upright and looked over at your husband as he attempted to put the bassinet from Ikea up. "What about Malachi?"

"It's like you want him to be evil." Jim quipped. "It means my angel." You protested. You looked through the book for a few more moments. "Why is this so hard?" Jim shrugged before suggesting. "What about George?" You flipped through the book, "You want our child's name to mean farmer?" You made your voice sound exasperated, you paused. "I do like the name though." Jim grinned. "What about Thomas?" Jim scrunched his nose, "Maybe." You flipped through the book. "What about...?" You trailed off and didn't finish taking a dislike to the name. "What about Harry, it means army commander?"

"I prefer Thomas or George."

"Thomas George Gordon. George Thomas Gordon." You tested the roll of the names on your tongue. "George Thomas Gordon." Jim put his choice in the mix. You nodded, "I like it too. Now if it's a girl." Jim groaned lightly. You smiled at him, wagging your index finger at him. "What about Jane?" He shook his head. "Emily? Jennifer, it means fair one." Jim tested the names a few times before asking what else you had. "Athena, after the goddess of wisdom?" He shrugged still not sold. "Selene, after the moon goddess?" You asked. "I like Grace." He added his two cents. "Selene Grace Gordon. Grace Selene Gordon."

"Selene Grace Gordon." Jim chimed in. "Sounds kind of like a superhero." You grinned. "I really love you." You moved off the couch and into Jim's arms. You nuzzled into his neck. "I really love you too." Jim's hands moved to your stomach, "I love you too, little one. I can't wait to meet you." He kissed you softly. "Thank you." He whispered into your mouth. You kissed him back as your answer. The air was almost tangible with your love for the three of you.