Matt Simmons x SSA!Reader

Requested by  juviaheartattack1

The BAU had taken a case away from home, this wasn't unusual and happened often. Garcia had made a booking in a hotel for the team. The team usually doubled up in the rooms as the BAU had a budget, that and most of the team would stay up nights on occasion to work a case. This time however, Garcia had promised due to the team being called in almost straight away from another case. You and Matt had been friends for years and sometimes when the team needed to double up you would stay with him, if Tara wanted to share with Reid to go over cryptic messages that the unsubs had left behind or sent to the cops. Mostly you would stay with Tara as JJ stayed with Emily, Luke with Matt and Reid with Rossi if Rossi hadn't gotten his own room.

This time however, you were sharing with Matt. You had been friends for years so, when he and Luke had peeked into the room they were given, and it displayed only one bed. Luke had shaken his head and had taken Tara's room which had nice two beds. Matt groaned lightly, Rossi had grabbed Reid's arm and the others had disappeared. You shrugged and shoved Matt into the room and shut the door.

After the pair of you had gotten ready for bed, you began to get anxious, twisting your wrists and hands. "Y/N? You alright? What's wrong?" Matt asked his voice softening. "I'm good, I'm fine." Matt nodded but didn't believe you however, he left it as he knew you would tell him when you were ready. You slipped under the sheets on the left side and Matt took the right side. You turned onto your side giving Matt your back and he lay carefully on his back. Soon due to everything catching up to him, he soon fell asleep. Thanks to his deep breathing and his reassuring warmth, you soon followed.

A little while later, Matt woke but he wasn't sure what exactly what woke him. He turned to face you. Matt saw that you were twisting and thrashing fighting off invisible beings he couldn't see. He tried to wake you, but it didn't work. You woke with a small scream and tears pouring down your cheeks. Matt hugged you to his chest, the scream hadn't been too loud, so he didn't need to calm down the team. Matt rubbed his hands down your arms, he lay back down cradling you to his chest. He ran his fingers through your hair to calm you down. He began talking about small entertaining things that his children had down in the past week. Soon after you had calmed down, you fell asleep on Matt's chest, his heartbeat soothing you. Matt soon followed.

The next morning, after you had both woken up and gotten ready for the day. Matt took your hand and gently pulled you towards the bed. You both sat down. "What's going on Y/N?" You shook your head. He tilted his head telling you to tell him. "Nothing really a few cases have been getting to me."

"You know that you can talk to any of us, right?" You nodded, "I promise, I will tell you if I need anything." There was a knock on the door. Rossi's voice shouted out. "Hey, you too, we got a case come on." You smiled at Matt, "Come on we have an unsub to catch."