Spock x Chekov!Nurse!Reader

"Y/N! Need you here!" McCoy shouted from another room. You raced over, you were known by your first name while most of your colleagues were known by their last names. Your younger brother had the honour of being known by your shared last name. Pavel worked on the bridge while you were a nurse in the medical wing. You entered the room that McCoy was in, your face paled as you took in the figure in the bed it was your younger brother. "Pavel." It fell from your lips and McCoy realised that asking for your help wasn't the best plan, but it was the only one he had. The other nurses were busy with the injured away party. You managed to get the swirls of emotion under control and work quickly to help save your brother.

Hours later, you slumped down in the room where your brother slept, recovering. You had gone to clean up after helping McCoy save Pavel's life. You went and pulled your chair as close as possible to the bed that housed Pavel. You ran your fingers through his tangled curls. "Oh, Pavel." Your Russian accent was heavier than usual due to lack of sleep and the aching grief of nearly losing your little brother. You checked his fever, his chart and pulled the blankets up to cover his chest. You sighed and messaged your family updating on Pavel's condition.

After you had sent the message, the door slid open. You were expecting McCoy, so you didn't turn around. You, however, had a different visitor. "You need to eat." Spock. "I'm not hungry." Your voice was monotone and cracked with tears. "It is logical that you keep your strength up. You have spent all day taking care of the personal on this ship. It is imperative that you eat so you can give yourself the same level of care you give everybody else." You smiled lightly at your boyfriend's use of logic. He brought a sense of practicality to your relationship whereas you would bring the spontaneity. "Come, eat." Spock sat on the long sofa on the other side of the room. He offered you the food. You stood and went over to the sofa. "Talk to me." Spock turned to you. "I don't care about what, but talk to me, so I know everything is going to be okay." Spock considered your words before launching into a discussion about the next shore leave and whether it would be spent on Earth or on another planet entirely.

You fell asleep on the couch a few moments after finishing your meal and stretching out. Spock had vacated his seat to talk quietly with Kirk and had sat in the chair you had left earlier. Spock had moved the chair, and sat it between you and Chekov, so he could monitor you both. You woke a few hours later and Pavel was beginning to stir as well, Spock stood back so you could hug your brother. "Vhy is Spock here?" He asked in a croaky voice. "I am to use your terms, dating your older sibling." Pavel nodded and seemed calm despite everything. "I thought so. You've been happy." You rolled your eyes at your brother, "Are you okay?" He nodded, you gave a watery smile at him. You ran your fingers through his tangled hair again. "Go back to sleep." He nodded, "Stay." You smiled at him, "Always." You moved back to sit beside Spock, who nodded at you and gave a slight upturn of his lips. You lay across his lap and fell asleep as your brother fell asleep in the bed, Spock watching over the pair of you for the rest of the night.