Steve McGarrett x Daughter!McGarrett!Reader

Requested by amctalkingdead2018

You washed your hands making sure the scrapes were clean, and that your Navy SEAL father wouldn't spot it. Voices of your classmates still filled your ears, about how they tormented you. Mostly about how your mother wasn't around, they pushed you around and you had fought back which had gotten you in trouble. You had muttered back "they started it". You moved out of the school, and towards the school bus, your father was in in debriefing on base and wasn't able to pick you up.

Hopping off at your bus stop, you walked towards your grandfather's house where you usually stayed as you didn't have a key to your father's small house. As you reached the porch and headed towards the front door, your grandfather swung it open and swept you into his arms. "Kiddo! How was school?" You shrugged, knowing that your cop father would spot any lie. He nodded, "Your father was the same, never wanted to talk about school when he was your age." He dropped you gently on your feet and shut the door behind you. Your grandfather began to lead, you into the kitchen. "Your father is going to pick you up in a moment and then he's going to take you to the beach for dinner. How does that sound?"

"To that restaurant I like?" You asked your small childish voice seeming to echo in the rather large room. "Yeah, kiddo. To the restaurant you like." You jumped up and down squealing a little. Your grandfather grinned. "Can I go for a walk down to daddy's place to meet him there?" He grinned at you, "Sure thing, kiddo. Here's a key." He tugged the small silver key of the ring and handed to you. You ran over and grabbed your bag and pulled the front door open. You ran out of the door and down the driveway, your backpack thudded against your back as you raced home. The teeth of the key bit into the soft flesh of your hand. Arriving you huffed the hair out of your face and reached up to use the lock. The door swung inwards after the lock clicked. You entered and saw your father, Steve McGarrett, he was on the phone and when he turned around at the sound of the door opening his jaw clicked slightly as he swallowed his anger. He hung up the phone, he sighed slightly. "Why didn't you tell me you got in a fight, yesterday?" You shrugged, "You're not always home."

"That doesn't matter, you should have told me. Why did you shove your classmate?"

"She started it." You pouted, "That wasn't what I asked, what happened Y/N M/N McGarrett? Tell me what happened." You shook your head, "Y/N, you are grounded for three weeks." Your lip quivered, "They were saying mean stuff about why I don't have a mum." With that proclamation you turned and run out the open door, heading to the one place you wanted to be. Steve watched you run off, a lump formed in his throat he had no idea what to tell you about your mother, so he stuck to the basics, beautiful, whip smart, and braver than he was, but other than that he was clueless.

You arrived crying at your grandfather's place, and rapped on the door, he opened, and you fell crying into his arms. "What happened kiddo?"

"He's mad at me." There were pounding footsteps behind you, and you could feel the presence of your father behind you. He knelt down you heard the protest of his shoes as they curved with his weight. "I'm sorry, sweetheart that they are saying those things. I'm sorry that I overreacted, it wasn't fair on you. I was mad that you got hurt. I love you, bumblebee." You turned and cried into your father's chest, "Sorry I got in a fight, and that I run away."

"That's okay, bumblebee. I love you." He kissed your head and lifted you up into his arms. You wound your little legs around his torso. "I love you too." You told him, "I love you both, three." Your grandfather chipped in causing you to laugh.