Arc 4.4 Veronica Schwarzi

Start from the beginning

Veronica looked at the scene disgusted as she downed her cocktail and then pour herself another glassful, she looked at the far distance a she enjoyed her time.

"A bunch of idiots...."

"So how about my offer, do you accept it?" Michael asked full of hope.

'Isn't the ML and FL in danger, where are their cheats when you need them!!' Veronica cursed 'Wait don't tell me, I'm the "chance encounter" of the leads? Woah!'

Veronica was overwhelmed by the fact that she was use as a "chance encounter' of the plot to help the leads to overcome their tribulations, she was daze for a second before she snapped out of it.

'Well, this might be a good chance to enter their base without being suspected and I could also use this chance to spy at the FL. And who knows, maybe, my Hubby might be there. I had looked all over this country but still I haven't found him, if that's the case then maybe he might be there!' Veronica concluded. 'If that's the case then why not? I have nothing to lose and besides even if his not there the only difference is that I only need to leave and search again or maybe leave this country, he might be on another country.'

"So..... do you accept?" Veronica looked at Michael for almost about half an hour before she finally sighed and produce a long rope.

"Woah! Did she just produce a rope?!" The tattoo man said in amazement.

"Yes, she just did. Is she a space user!" The nerdy woman asked in surprise.

"Space users are rare but they are too weak to fight." Lotus commented as a hint of ridicule could be heard from her voice. "I thought that she was strong but she was just a weakling, can't even fight an enemy. What a waste of resources." Lotus whispered to herself but Veronica was able to hear her because she was closest to her and her excellent hearing despite the others not being able to.

"5 sacks of rice, 10 boxes of canned food and a free residence in your base." Veronica said before handing the rope.

"Is that all? You don't want to negotiate anymore?" Michael asked wanting to be sure of her choice.

"What's there to negotiate more?" The blonde from Michael's group whispered but still everyone heard her.

"No need. That's enough.........."

"Glad you didn't ask for more or that would make you shameless..." Lotus whispered but Veronica is sure that she wanted her to hear it because it was too audible that the group was able to hear it.

"Lotus!" Michael scolded Lotus, he does not want to offend the mysteriously lady in front of him and don't want their only chance of surviving to get away.

He knew even without seeing the woman in front of them in action, he knew that she is formidable! He can see it, he can see it because it was his ability that he was keeping a secret since the apocalypse. It just came to him when he was suddenly strike by lightning, ever since then he can see a person's bar of strength. This ability of his had save him from time to time that he had started to rely on it and seeing the woman's bar of strength in front of him, he does not want to offend her.