Arc 4.4 Veronica Schwarzi

Começar do início

Hearing what she said, the group smiled secretly as if they knew what she would ask. They raised their chin cockily as they puff out their chest pridefully, like a peacock.

"Of course, it's not for free. If you are willing to help us and we survived this ordeal we will reward you with 5 sacks of rice and 10 boxes of canned food, if you would like you can even stay at our base for free. We would give you a house and free food to eat, the price can still be negotiated if you're willing to help us." Knowing that she would help if the price is right, Michael obviously generously offered her an offer that was impossible to reject during this hard times and that is food.

No one would be dumb enough to refuse FOOD in the Apocalypse no matter how powerful they are.

Michael's group mates eyes were ready to pop out of their sockets when they heard Michael's offer. His offer was just too generous that they consider it as a waste!

"Brother, isn't it just too over the top! I mean...." Abigail trailed of as she push her glasses up and looked at Michael who was heatedly looking at Veronica who did not seem move about his offer.

"5 sacks of rice and...."

"10 boxes of canned food!"

"Free residence in our base and food!"

"And most of all it could still be negotiated!!" Michael's group seemed to disagree as they stared holes at Veronica; they were envious of her luck!

"Michael, don't you think it's too much? What you are giving her is already our base's 5 months of supply, it's too costly." Lotus said trying to prevent Michael from giving such generous reward to the mysterious lady; she thinks that she does not deserve it.

"It's not that expensive compared to our life, 5 sacks of rice and 10 boxes of canned food and a house could not compare to our life. What would we do with these worldly things if we die, we can't bring them to our graves." Michael explained to his group patiently knowing what they are worried about but he can't help it, they don't have anything valuable to offer the lady instead their food.

"But our base supply might decrease tremendously. You know how much difficult it is to find food these days and we still did not gather enough supplies for the Bloody Season, we can't waste too much supplies." Lotus whispered gently as she tried to persuade Michael of taking back his decision and give Veronica a little reward only, she can't bear to see those precious food that they risk their life to get to easily fall in the hands of a nobody.

"Lotus, I know that you are worried about the people but we must do this because if we fall here how are we going to keep our precious ones in our base safe. Please understand me, okay?" Michael kissed Lotus's forehead and ruffle her hair.

Lotus shyly bow down avoiding eye contact, her face was deep shade of red as she shyly look down. The people surrounding the both of them only whistled looked elsewhere or support the two of them. Despite the situation they even got to joke and make such a long speech each, what a waste of time.