-New Favorite Words-

I could feel him trailing behind me. I walked into the book store first. Knowing my intention. He was a bit closer now. I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi, how are you? I'm Autumn, I would like to apply for a job here. I got an email about this store needing help. So I thought I'd drop by and apply." I said. The two guys observed me. The looked me up and down. "How about we do an interview now. See what you're made of." The guy in the green shirt with a head full of curls said. They were laced with grey, but he was handsome. His blue eyes seemed amused. I nodded, following him into his office. I closed the door and walked to the chair available in front of his desk. I sat down and handed him my resume. He reviewed it. I'm sure he saw that I didn't work much but I still had some educational qualifications. I most likely look good too, because of the school I am enrolled in. He didn't ask much to be honest. "Are you good at organizing, putting things in alphabetical order, word excel, and filing paperwork? He asked. "I am, as you can see on my resume". I replied. He nodded. "You're hired." He said.

I wasn't really surprised at all. I feel as though my last name, resume, and the school I was going to made me look like a good hire. Then again they're most likely very desperate for the help. He got up from his chair and walked over to a large wooden box in the corner of the room. He opened it and took out 3 button-up shirts and two sweaters with the embroidery of the logo. He placed them in a paper bag and handed it to me."You wear this shirt or a sweater with jeans or dress pants. Your shoes have to be heeled or ballet flats. Your hair has to be neatly groomed. Your makeup minimal." He said. I nodded. I took out a small envelope with copies of my documentation in it. This way he wouldn't have to be overwhelmed with papers right now. "This is a copy of everything you'll need. That way you won't have to make any physical copies. You can also just place everything into your system easily with scanning." I said.

"Thank you for being so considerate." He said placing it on his desk. Which was very organized. He handed me a small packet that gave me the rundown on the dress code, pay, pay date, and how to access my schedule online. He also handed me another small pocket which had basic tax documentation, a direct deposit sign up form, and a calendar for my availability. I scooted my chair closer to his desk. I began to fill out the calendar. My classes were 3 days a week and I want to work 4 days a week at least. I opted to work the weekends, Thursday's and Fridays. Which would make things easier on me? That way I can work 10 hours on those days and have my school days off. Which would make it easier for me to stay balanced and have time devoted to studies and homework? "Do you have any other payment options?l I asked. "I do check, cash, prepaid card, and direct deposit." He said. "I would like to do the cash option." I replied. "Write down the option you choose, with the cash you can have your check every Friday. You won't have to wait every other week." He said. I wrote my choice and selected the days I wanted to be paid on. I chose every other Friday. That way my check would be fatter and I'd be able to anticipate the amount on it. Though money was not a problem and my husband is the richest man on earth. I still wanted my own. I didn't want to depend on him for everything. I finished the tax documentation in two minutes and handed everything back to him.
"I look forward to working with you Autumn." He said holding out a hand. I shook his hand and got up for my chair. I picked my sack and the bag he gave me. I walked to the door, opened it, and walked out of the office. Lucifer was sitting at a small table sipping on something in a white cup. I closed the door behind me and walked out of the cashier area and I tot he main area of the store. I walked out of the store and to my next destination. Not giving him the opportunity to track me the way he wanted to. I walked into the Apple store. He was behind me now. "You know you don't have to get that job. You shouldn't be stressing yourself with work Autumn." He said to me. I ignored him. I continued walking to the display with the laptop.
I walked over to the associate. "I would like to purchase a MacBook Air and a case protective of it." I said to him. He went to the back and came back a few minutes later with the laptop and the case. He rang it up. The total popped up on the screen. I had the cash for it. But I was beaten to the punch. Lucifer's large arm stretched over my shoulder. The cashier took the card and swiped it. Lucifer typed in his pin and sooner he total disappeared to $0.00.
The cashier placed everything in the apple bag and handed it to Lucifer.