-Down The Hall-

I walked further into the room wondering what this was. Was this one of his jokes or perhaps illusions to try to kill me? Or was this some underworld prank show. Because if it was. I'm pretty sure the demons are getting a good laugh. I didn't say anything, instead, I just looked at him standing there. A smirk planted across his lips, eyes a cool dusty blue, slowly filling with warm red liquid. One would call that lust.

The room became cooler and the air became thick. There were a shit ton of questions that I had knocking around in my brain. But only so few could be asked. Before I could say anything, he spoke. " I see, you are a bit confused. Perhaps you are thinking that you walked into the wrong building or that I'm playing tricks on you...." He paused, slowly walking up to me. " I actually own this place." He said making a gesture to the office and to the building that we were in.
"I have owned this place for many centuries. So much history, so many good times." He said smiling. " But who, what, and how exactly did I land a job here. Without Bael and Xander knowing you are the boss. I mean if they found ou..." Before I could finish he placed his large cold forefinger against my lips. "Shh sh, shhh.." He said. I looked into his eyes, then watched his hands fall to his side.

" I have my children or "friends" as you call it, monitoring security... And because I have the ability to change forms. I can be around my little workers without anyone knowing who I actually am..." He said walking forward. I had to step back or else I would be close. Far too close against his body. That's the last thing I wanted. "I don't need your portfolio, you're hired." He said, my back hit the wall then. He placed both his hands on the wall. I was trapped now. Fuck.

I swallowed my mouth feeling dry. "Work starts at 6.You get paid 12 euros or like you, Americans call it, 14.00 dollars an hour. You work from 6-8 at night. If that's a problem... That shouldn't be a problem." He whispered, face close to mine. I closed my eyes allowing myself to drift someplace far from here. "Aren't you the same guy who is supposed to wage war due to the fact that you're planning on breaking the promise you made with Xander?" I asked. "No, actually words change as they escape the lips of many, so the stories you hear aren't the real story." He said.

I tilted my head to the side, watching his eyes watch me. Taking in each of my imperfections. " I think it's time for me to go. I know what I am required to do now. So yeah." I said feeling self-conscious. I never really understood why these men seemed attracted to me. I didn't look oh so amazing. Perhaps it was my personality. "Or perhaps it's your soul.." Lucifer whispered, inching closer to me. His cold breath hitting my lips. "Your soul my dear is so precious, it's something to value deeply... One of my kind would kill for it." He said caressing my face. "It's beautiful, but also solid, stable, which is something mortals, and even I, an immortal wish I had... Stability." He finished, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "That's all I want.." He whispered, eyes turning to a royal shade of blue. "You." He whispered, before kissing my lips. I tried not to, but I closed my eyes. Giving in to the kiss.

Before I knew things started to feel different. The air was lighter, clear, and soon voices started to fill my ear. I opened my eyes, to see that I was in the office area of the building, I'm sure.? I looked around feeling nervous due to the large population of people running around, being busy. And the fact that I was just kissing someone and now standing here, in the middle of a busy office.

A lady who seemed out of the ordinary was leaning against the wall, black eyeliner rimmed her eyes, and she was wearing a black dress. I walked up to her, slowly profiling her to make sure I didn't start with a bad approach. Next thing you know I end up getting my ass whipped by a kick-ass gothic girl, but then again she could be a witch.

"Hi, Uhm, how do I exit the building, to go outside?" I asked. "Uhmm, the elevator is broken, so uhm, you'll have to take the stairs. It's good exercise.." She said laughing a little. A guy walked up to her, handing her a crate of books. "Okay looks like you'll have a partner to exercise with," she said before leading the way.

I'm guessing we were halfway down when the silence broke. She was giggling to herself. I was a bit confused and annoyed due to the fact that I didn't know what was funny. " He really did a deal in you." She said giggling even more. I raised an eyebrow slowing down my pace. "Lucifer I mean." She said. "How do you know..? I asked trailing off. She smiled." I work here, but in the psychic department, uhm i used to see crazy shit when I was younger, and soon my parents shipped me off to boarding school here, then the school put me in a hospital and uhm lets just say, lucifer saved me... From insanity." She said. I looked at her, in a sort of disbelief. " I mean he might seem like a trickster, and an ass at times, but deep down he has a heart, trust me." She said. We arrived at the end of the stairs, and there was a door. "Go out to the left, and down the hall, you'll see the exit, and uh yeah." She said, then walked the other way, turning the corner, disappearing into the darkness. I didn't even get her name.