-My New Boss-

"Did I not make it clear to Alexander and you that I was to have this day to myself? MY SELF..!" I said pointing at myself to get my point across. I leaned back into the seat feeling aggravated. I really wanted to have this day to myself, not with a damn baby sitter. How old am I? Six years old? Groaning, I turned to face the window. I didn't have a phone or MP3 player, so I was not able to tune out the sound of Bael's heavy breathing if I wanted to. I needed to. Sometimes I get so extremely pissed at people. That their breathing can make me want to snap their necks. Bael turned his head looking at me, eyebrows raised. I rolled my eyes. "What was that?" Bael asked. I didn't choose to reply right away, instead, I just leaned my head against the cool glass. Closing my eyes. I felt a bit tired. So I decided to take a wonderful nap.

                      I woke up to the mouth-watering aroma of food. Yes, good food. I opened my eyes. Feeling blinded by the Sun's light rays which were reaching through the windshield of the lightly tinted glass. I looked over to Bael, who was looking through the bag.I am guessing he was checking to see if the order was exactly what he had asked for. It was, he handed me a black plastic container, with a clear cover attached to it. In the container was a slice of bread with Avacado on the slice, chia pudding, diced mangos, pancake with syrup, 2 veggie sausages, and scrambled tofu. I looked at Bael. I gave him the look. "It's in the bag. Don't worry about it." He said, patting me on the head. I opened the container, grabbed a fork from the bag and started eating.

                When I finished eating, I was full, but not completely full, I grabbed the cup of dragon fruit tea, drinking it quickly. Getting full with each gulp. I finished, sighing with relief.  I turned to see Bael watching me. I rolled my eyes at him, placing the container in the plastic bag. "Here we are." Bael said pulling up to the bookstore. It was quite large for a bookstore. "This is it?" I asked pointing to the large building we were parked in front of. "Yes, this will be your new workplace, if you get the job.'' I gave him a look. "Excuse me?" I asked him, wondering if he was okay in the head. "You are a hard case. I am pretty sure your boss and coworkers will have a hard time with you." He said, looking at me.One eyebrow raised, a smirk danced onto his lips.

                       "How exactly am I supposed to get a job if I don't have a resume?" I asked Bael, he smiled holding, up a cream-colored folder. I tilted my head to the side. "Alexander called me last night and told me what was going on and of course I thought it was a very bad idea.But I did not refuse, so I looked up a few places and this one seemed very safe and uhm you.." He stated. "Me?'' I asked, confused. "Yes, you're a special one." He said patting my head, then opening the door and getting out of the car.Walking to the other side, he opened my door. "I could handle that." I said getting out of the car. "Sometimes, you should really learn to put your ego aside and see things as they are and say thank you." Bael stated, through his teeth.

                      I walked to the door as quick as I could, due to the fact that it was starting to rain. Once inside the building, I felt good. But a bit cold, plus I wasn't really dressed the part. I think. "Where do I go?" I asked Bael, whispering. He placed his hand on my shoulder, guiding me in the direction we needed to go in. We were walking through a hall. It was dimly lit with candles and it was cold, really cold. I shivered, feeling a gust of wind hit me as I turned the corner. The smell hit me, it was familiar. Though I really never got used to it, it had a slight effect on me. After about 5 minutes, we got to an elevator. Pressing the orange up button, I sighed feeling tired. "All of this, why can't I just go to some other person. I prefer to be stacking books, rather than working in some boring office." I started to Bael, but there was no reply, he was gone.

                   The elevator dinged open. There was a man standing in a suit. He looked young, maybe mid 20's. He smiled at me. I walked in feeling nervous. Really nervous, now that I was alone. "Are you one of our newbies or are you just coming for that interview?" He asked me. "Interview." I choked out, nervous. "Well my lady, you are going down." He said, pressing the orange glowing button on the elevator. The doors closed and the shifting of the gears made me jump, my stomach was doing flips. I felt a bit dizzy. This was too much for me. I was never good at this stuff, at least right now I wasn't. After 3 months of being in total isolation and finding out that Lucifer was real, alongside, demons, vampires, and all of these creatures. How the fuck does one really get over that?

                   The elevator would vibrate and creak. Every so often as it descended into the earth or so I would put it. From what I could see there were about 33 levels down and it seems as though... The ding of the elevator confirmed it. We were on the last floor, the elevator's door opened and my palms were sweating. I looked over to the guy, but he was not there. The only thing that was there with me was the cream folder that was tacked to the wall. The same folder which Bael was holding in his hand. I took it off the wall and exited the elevator. The air was thick and it smelled a bit like sulfur and roses. A strange mix. The hall was barely lit by much of anything. But I kept walking, there was a door ahead. I could see it due to the light inside of the elevator. As I got closer to the door. My nerves were skyrocketing. I felt like I was being watched and perhaps even followed.

                The light disappeared, leaving me in total darkness. I reached ahead but felt nothing. That meant that I still had a little more steps to go. I walked and walked until I finally hit something. Two torches suddenly sparked a fire. I sighed feeling relief, my paranoia fading away. In front of me was a large white and grey marble door, the handles were made of steel. I knocked, then made sure my clothes and everything was straight. "Come in." Said a deep familiar voice. My shaky hands met the doorknob. I was hoping that it was not who I thought it was. The voice which lingered in my subconscious. Forever consuming my every being. I walked in and there stood the man. Dressed in a glowing gray suit, hair laying on his shoulder, eyes glowing like a flame. My new boss. "Lucifer." I whispered.