-Before Chapter 1- Part 1-

5 MONTHS BEFORE:

It's been two months since graduation, all of my friends seemed to have left before I did. I was still in the process of choosing the right school to go to. The only person who hadn't left for college was my best friend Frank. He was a nerd I must admit, but he was the sweetest. He had this amazing fascination over music and would always sing a song each time I said a word that triggered the lyrics of that specific song. I found it pretty funny, meanwhile, others found it to be super annoying.

It had been a month since I have seen him. His family booked him a one-way flight to New York City this summer, to explore the city so that he knew what exactly he was gonna be up for before he went there for school. I really wanted to go with him, but my mom was a bit too overprotective. She refused and I ended up spending the summer at home, browsing through social media, watching my friends have a great deal of fun. While I sat and ate junk food the whole summer and watched old black and white films.

My mom told me that the only way I would be able to leave the state or even the country would be if I was safe where I would be staying at. If the people around the area are trusted. I don't know how that would work, but somehow it should? I had been looking for schools, but I couldn't find any at all. I asked Frank to help me look for one tonight because I was sick and fucking tired of being here in this house with my overprotective mother.

My cell phone rang all of sudden, that's when I noticed that it was Frank. I answered without a second thought. "Hello!" I basically yelled across the phone line. "Hi, this is Ben from the New York sex hotline.. I believed you ordered me for the night. Are there any type of kinks that you enjoy?" He asked in a deep and seductive voice. I laughed so hard, unable to keep the heat from going to my face. It was red now and my throat was getting too soar from my laughing. He kept silent, for a moment then spoke. "I see we have a shy one, don't worry I have my ways of war... " He said before I cut him off with even more laughter.

After a good five minutes we got to looking for colleges in the United States, then went on to Europe due to the fact that ever since I was young, I've always seemed to complain about not seeing anything new. This place has no rich history from decades upon decades ago. "I FOUND THE PERFECT ONE!" Frank screamed through the phone. I sighed and fell onto the bed. I had been pacing the room with my fingers crossed hoping to find the perfect school and place to live.

"Enlighten me.." I said laying on my back, staring at the ceiling hoping that in some way I can get some sort of luck to get me out of this place. "Well, the school is close by this place that's for rent. It's sort of in the rural area, the city is a train ride away, but it's still beautiful, it's your sort of beautiful." He said.." Continue.." I said encouraging him to. "This is sort of a weird thing. Due to the fact that I mean, most people don't really do this especially if it's a large family, who happens to be the oldest family name in this part of Ireland. They are having a contest, where whoever signs up for this scholarship will have free housing and school. I guess they're rich?! But there is a number here that you can call.." He said trailing off.

Uhm, can you call for me pleaseeeee? I don't wanna use my phone and then run up the phone bill." I asked him, pleading. "Okay, okay... I already sent an email, entered your name, and I am about to call.." He said...

He puts me on hold and I wait for about 10 minutes. "I'm back!" He said, snapping me out of the daydream I seemed to be in. "What's up?" I asked him, wanting to know what he asked and what went on in the conversation. "Well, it seems that you are pretty lucky, I seemed to have charmed the guy on the phone. Who I believe is the eldest of the house. He said that you sound delightful, and that you are the winner of the contest. I scrunched up my face in pure and utter confusion. "How the hell is that possible?" I asked him. "Well he said that he wanted someone new who was not from the country, and also someone who had a different outlook on things. I sort of told him some stuff about you, that caught his interest.. Either way!! Why does it matter.. You are gonna get out of that house!!!!" He cheered on, but for some reason I couldn't help but think that there was some sort of glitch in the website or the matrix in general.