-Waiting Sign-

DREAM:

"I don't understand.." I said to Lucifer. "You see, we are all living in this three-dimensional world known as the matrix... We are only living for the physical and for what society tells us. That is why most are lost when the truth comes to them. Most cannot handle the truth because they are not true to themselves. Everything is within us, but it is up to us to experience. It is up to us to find that calm. I am here to guide the stray to the light..." He said, vanishing into the darkness of this dream.

********************************************
I spent the whole week doing work. Lucifer was never really around so we had this assistant boss that would take notes of our progress and report to Lucifer. I didn't really have trouble adapting to the work environment. The people were pretty chill from what I could see. They mostly just spoke about the parties they would go to on the weekend and about cool science fiction movies they would spend their time watching. I mean hey. If they like it, I love it...

I walked to the office to check out of work. Xander was supposed to be picking me up, and it's been raining since the weekend. I dug through my bag trying to find my identification card. "Shit." I whispered to myself. "Looking for this?" I heard a voice ask. I turned to see the girl, the one from the hallway. The one who was very quiet but seemed to know everything about everyone here, just by watching. That's her skill and that's what makes her a good psychic.
Though this was a book store, we had an office unit upstairs and we had a cafe next door. From what I heard she's really good and that's where she does most of her work. She would come to the bookstore whenever she wanted to just look at books, but mostly when she wanted to just watch people. Observing and breaking them down. "How did you get that?" I asked a bit confused, I remember putting it in my wallet when I clocked in. "I sort of thought that it would be a good idea to make you a copy since I saw what was going to happen." She said, handing me the card. This one didn't have my face on it. It was just silver with an imprint of a box on the bottom corner of it.

"This isn't... I mean it's not like everyone else's." I said. She smiled. "It's good to be different. Often times one will gain the knowledge they need from being different, seeing things differently." She said. I didn't say anything, because somehow, something deep within me knew that was the truth. "What time is it?" I asked her, only because Xander hadn't shown up as yet. "He won't be here for a while, you should come with me. "She said taking me by the hand and guiding me to the entrance. I pushed the door open, walking out as did she. It was pouring, so when she took off next door, I did the same.
********************************************
She opened the front door to the shop, she walked in disappearing into some other room. The place was lit with candles, from what I'm guessing the cafe was upstairs. I stayed down here. There were a lot of incense, candles, and books about many different subjects, mostly spiritual subjects.
I walked to the staircase and went up the steps. The cafe was dark, but the only light there was the light coming from the display. I walked to one of the tables. I didn't sit, I just stood there looking at the light from the freezer. Someone cleared their throat, I turned to see her standing at the doorway just watching me. I said nothing, I pulled out a chair and sat down.
My stomach grumbled. I hoped it couldn't be heard by anyone else, then again I needed something to eat. I skipped lunch today to get some extra work done. So that I would be able to leave early. I guess today was a bit too early because Xander wasn't here as yet to pick me up.
"You're hungry." She said, not questioning me, but reminding me. "I'll go call my boyfriend to bring some food for us and we can eat dinner here." She said walking over to the phone that was hanging on the wall. She picked it up then dialed the number. I didn't know much about or really have even had the chance to see her boyfriend, but from what I can see he must be one heck of a guy. I can't help but notice that he makes her smile.