Ship or Split? Part II

Hi guys! This is the second part! Enjoy!

———————

"Hey! Get back here!" Hiccup called after Astrid, running after her. Astrid laughed softly, glancing back briefly to see him.

Hiccup grinned as they ran into the Academy and caught Astrid by the waist. "Gotcha!" He exclaimed, pulling her towards him and making her yelp.

"Hiccup!" She laughed out, turning to face him and pressing her forehead to his. Hiccup's hands on her waist kept them both close together as they laughed.

Astrid placed a hand on his cheek and her eyes flickered down to his lips before grinning widely. She leaned in to kiss him and—

"Ehem" A cough came from beside them and they quickly turned their heads. Fishlegs chuckled nervously and waived at them.

"Fish?" Astrid called and looked behind him to see more of the gang, making her and Hiccup's eyes widen.

"What are you guys doing here?" Hiccup questioned, pulling away from Astrid and holding her hand instead. The whole gang stood there as well as Tove, who once Astrid saw, she glared at.

"And what are you still doing here?" Astrid asked angrily and walked closer to them. Tove scowled at their laced hands and scoffed.

"I'll do you one better: what are you two still doing together?" Tove snarled and Hiccup gently squeezed Astrid's hand to calm her down.

"I'll do you one better! What are you talking about?" Tuffnut interrupted, raising a finger and narrowing his eyes at the two girls.

Astrid raised an eyebrow at him. "Tuffnut? I locked you two in jail!" She exclaimed, looking at the twins in shock.

"You think we wouldn't get out?" Ruffnut scoffed, making Astrid exhale sharply and roll her eyes.

"Whatever! Back to Tove. You forcibly kissed my boyfriend and you still have the nerve to show your face?!" Astrid fumed, looking back at Tove and glaring at her hard.

"SHE KISSED HICCUP?!" The gang repeated loudly, their eyes wide and jaws hanging open. Hiccup rolled his eyes.

"Gee, thanks for announcing it to the world" He muttered under his breath, his cheeks tinting light pink.

"Oh, you're dead. You're so dead" Ruffnut chuckled, shaking her head and grinning.

"So very dead" Tuffnut confirmed, nodding and making Tove roll her eyes.

"That's-that's- no! Not my ship!" Fishlegs cried and huffed at Tove in annoynace.

"Hiccup?! The fishbone?! Why not me?!?" Snotlout asked, frowning and causing everyone to look at him.

"What? I'm so much better, look! See that muscle, babe?" Snotlout flirted, flexing his arm and grinning at Tove who gagged. Also Astrid gagged. Ruffnut too. Actually, everyone gagged.

"Euck, okay." Tove muttered, shaking her head and looking away from Snotlout. "Hiccup liked the kiss." She told Astrid, smirking smugly.

"Yes, me desperately wanting to pull away and constantly rejecting you definitely means I liked the kiss" Hiccup replied sarcastically and Tove grinned more.

"See!" Tove gestured to him and he groaned in frustration. "It. Was. Sarcasm!" He cried and the rest of the gang face-palmed.

"Get out or I'll punch your face so hard that it won't look like one" Astrid warned in a low voice, her eyes shooting daggers at Tove and her fists clenching.

Tove snorted and crossed her arms over her chest, not believing that she would actually do that. Hiccup glanced at Astrid worriedly and saw her face getting red.

"Oh, she's serious." Fishlegs commented and Ruffnut nodded along with him. "Her punch is almost like Thor's Mighty Hammer, but I don't think Hiccup would hit you" Tuffnut added, making Tove smirk.

"He did kiss me though" Tove said sweetly and the gang gasped in shock. "You didn't!" Tuffnut exclaimed, looking fearfully between her and Astrid.

Astrid's face was red with anger and her mouth was curled into a scowl. She was nearly shaking with the amount of rage she had, huffing angrily.

"I'd suggest-" Ruffnut started.
"RAAAHHHH!" Astrid yelled, raising her axe (which scarily no one knew or saw where she got) above her head and rushing forwards to Tove.

"-you run." Ruffnut finished as Hiccup held Astrid back by her waist and Tove's eyes widened in fear. Getting out of her trance, she shrieked in high-pitched voice and ran away back to the docks.

"WAIT! BABE! I WILL KISS YOU!" Snotlout shouted after her, running after the girl and nearly tripping a few times. Or many times. Fishlegs shook his head at his friend and sighed.

"I WILL KILL HER!" Astrid growled, still thrashing and squirming in Hiccup's hold.

"CALM DOWN! IT'S OKAY! She's probably running home already!" Hiccup told her, rubbing circles on her waist and trying to keep her from running.

"Fish, can you go make sure she's gone?" Hiccup asked his Fishlegs and turned his head briefly to him who nodded in reply.

"If she isn't going home, I will send Meatlug to crush her! No one hurst my ship! Oh, and I'll send a T-mail to Heather! She'll be mad" Fishlegs babbled to himself while he walked out of the Academy to the docks.

"I HATE HER!" Astrid shouted again, making Hiccup wince at the loudness of her voice. "Just calm down, Astrid Nothing she says is true at all." Hiccup said to her and she began calming down slowly. Her eyes connected with his again and they softened.

"I love you and only you, okay?" Hiccup asked her and she let out a deep breath. "Okay" She confirmed and nodded.

"If I let you go, do you promise not to destroy anything or kill anyone?" He asked her and she nodded once more. "I promise" She said and he smiled in relief.

"Thank gods, I-" Hiccup let go of her waist and began talking when Astrid chased after Tove.

"AW, COME ON!" He sighed tiredly and threw his hands in the air. "YOU SAID KILL, NOT HURT!" Astrid yelled to him and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Ruff, Tuff, can you guys go chase after her. I've been running to catch her all day" Hiccup turned to his friends and asked them, running a hand through his hair.

"Aww, H. You don't have to pursue your girlfriend that much. She loves you already!" Tuffnut told him, grinning and putting an arm around his shoulders.

"What? That's not-" Hiccup frowned.
"No, brother! He needs to run and chase after her! Girls love boys who are persistent!" Ruffnut said, flicking her twin's head and jabbing a finger at Hiccup's chest.

"That's not the kind of chasing that I meant!" Hiccup told them exasperatedly, but they already left to go somewhere. He stood there frowning and confused when he saw Astrid rush back in.

"Back so soon?" Hiccup asked her and raised an eyebrow. She ran towards him and wrapped her hands around his neck, kissing him deeply.

Before he could respond, she pulled away with a grin. "I'll be back" She breathed, her eyes sparkling with amusement at his stunned face.

"Great." Hiccup muttered to himself as she ran back out. Yet, how much he was frustrated with her running away that day, he felt a smile spread on his face.

Astrid could really take his breath away, in more ways than one. For him, ship or split wasn't even a question. Because right from the start, the answer was always there.