Crush

Hi guys! I just picked Neal because it sounded nice and means cloud. Zephyr's name means breeze, so I thought it fitted!

Anyways, Hiccstrid is 41 and Zephyr is 17! Enjoy!

———————

Astrid was writing on her desk when she heard laughter and voices from outside of her homes. She recognized the voice to be her daughter's and her daughter's close friend, Neal.

Astrid placed down her pen and looked out the window to see Neal and Zephyr right outside. Neal smiled brightly at her daughter and Astrid recognized the look to be the one that Hiccup have her.

"See you tomorrow" Neal said and Astrid saw Zephyr smile widely back at him, her blue eyes shining.

"See you" Zephyr said back and opened the door to her home. Steeping inside, she blushed light pink and leaned against the door, letting out a sigh.

"Was that Neal?" Astrid asked from her desk with a cheeky grin, startling her child. Zephyr blushed harder and let out a nervous laugh.

"Uhh, I-i don't know what you mean! N-ne-neal who?" She stuttered out, putting on a fake smile and making Astrid grin wider.

"Okay, so you don't mind me telling your dad about the crush you have on Neal-" Astrid started, making her eyes widen.

"NO! Please don't tell dad that! He'll be so awkward!" Zephyr exclaimed and shook her head furiously. Her mother grinned triumphantly and Zephyr quickly cut her off, smiling nervously.

"Not that there's something to tell! I do not have a crush on Neal" She quickly added, sitting down on the chair beside Astrid. The blonde had an amused look her face at her daughter's denial and sat back unconvinced.

"I don't! I don't like him at all!" Zephyr asserted and Astrid raised an eyebrow at her.

"Prove it. Say that you don't feel anything for him" Astrid dared, smirking mischievously at Zephyr who gulped loudly.

"I-i don't feel sparks whenever we touch, butterflies in my stomach. I don't laugh with him so much that my stomach starts to hurt. I don't smile every time I think of him, or I look at him......or when I wake up in the morning." Her daughter said unsurely, her determined face falling to a defeated one. Astrid noted that this was much more than just a crush, much more.

"I don't always want to be with him and be in his company. I don't want to be in his arms and hug him. I don't want to be his girlfriend" She said, her voice getting lighter and lighter. Astrid's face softened and leaned forward taking her daughter's hands in hers.

"I'm not completely in love with him"Zephyr finished, a shocked look on her face as she finally let the words out. Astrid smiled encouragingly and have her daughter's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Honey, you are. Denying it isn't going to help" Astrid said soothingly and brushed down Zephyr's hair.

"I am?" Zephyr asked her mother, a frown on her face. Astrid beamed at her daughter and nodded.

"B-but, w-what do I do?" Zephyr asked again, her eyes widening in confusion and looking up at her mother's for help. Astrid laughed softly and sighed.

"What do you want to do? From what I see, you wanna get together with him and show your feelings." Astrid said and Zephyr shook her head and looked away, making her mother frown.

"I know that it's hard, but you have to just-" Astrid tried to say but Zephyr cut her off and looked sadly into her eyes.

"What if he doesn't like me back?" Zephyr told her and frowned deeply. Astrid sighed and stood up to sit beside her daughter.