Home

Hi guys! This is the wedding scene at HTTD3, just a little changed and if Astrid was blind.

This oneshot has a song with it: Don't Go Home Without Me by Lights. Start playing it when you start reading! Enjoy!

———————

"Ready?" Astrid's father asked her and she nodded, looping her arms over his. Astrid felt her mother loop her arm around hers and smiled.

She heard the doors open and the sound of people standing. She let out a deep breath and stepped forward.

This is the song I will sing to you, when you're old and tired

Astrid heard people gasp in amazement as she walked down the aisle with her parents. Nervousness built up inside her, but she knew she was safe. Safe in her home, safe with the ones she loved.

And if you're tired of hearing my voice, I'm gonna sing it to you anyway

Today was the day. The day she'd finally be with the person she loved the most. The person she wanted to spend her whole life with.

And I'll sing, ohh.

Astrid stepped forward one more time and felt a familiar pair of hands take hers. She smiled widely and felt a warm feeling spread through her body.

"Hiccup" She breathed and her heart fluttered happily in her chest. All fear and anxiousness she always felt from being blind faded away until she could only feel love.

Without me...

Being blind, Astrid could only rely on her other senses which heightened. But she knew even if she was blind, the feeling of Hiccup's hands in hers wouldn't be any less than it was now.

Our house is crumbling under me and our kids start leaving

She felt Gothi's staff move forward then back and heard it's thud on the ground. Astrid leaned in and felt Hiccup's lips press against hers in a kiss.

"To the chief and chieftess!" Gobber shouted excitedly and cheers erupted, only increasing the joy in Astrid's heart. She smiled even more.

Ohhh, it's amazing that you're here

They pulled back and she sighed in content. "I love you so much" Hiccup told her sincerely and she chuckled.

"I love you too" Astrid replied and memories passed through her head as she said those words. Memories of the battles they went through, the losses they experienced, and the pain they endured. But they got through all of that.

And when you call me, I'll be right down

They put up with all of it together. As a team, as best friends, as a couple. As Hiccup and Astrid. Always.

And I'll sing, ohh.

They both faced the crowd and beamed brightly at them. Astrid heard her friends clapping and some of them sobbing tears of joy. This was her family.

In a world that you're not near

Her family didn't care if she was blind or if she needed a little more help, they treated her like the person she was. They gave her love, support, and a home.

Especially Hiccup. He always made her feel safe, made her feel happy, made her feel love. Love that was playful, love that was deep, and love that was all she truly needed.

Astrid was always insecure with her blindness. It made her feel weak and helpless, but with Hiccup she felt invincible. She felt like she could cross oceans, defeat a whole army empty handed. Blindness couldn't stop her. Nothing could stop love.

"The cliff, m'lady?" Hiccup asked her knowingly and she hummed. "Lead the way, babe" She answered, lacing their hands together again as they walked over to the cliff.

Here with Hiccup, as his wife, as the chieftess, as a member of Berk was where her home was. And she couldn't be happier.

Don't go home without me