Better Off Part II

Hi guys! The continuation of Better Off! Enjoy!

———————

Hiccup sighed and looked back at the sun setting in front of his eyes. It was just a few minutes ago that he flew off to the Cove and began thinking deeply about him and Astrid.

He loved her. So much that it started to hurt sometimes. He loved her more than anything in this world and he would do anything to make her happy.

'What did make her happy?' Hiccup asked himself, thinking back to their past memories. She always loved fighting, battling, sparring, and he never did it enough with her.

He never liked fighting or any of that viking stuff. And she never got disappointed that he didn't like those stuff. She would still stay with him no matter what.

'She's always helping me, staying with me, but what about her? What do I give her?' Hiccup thought miserably and shook his head.

"I don't deserve you, Astrid?" He whispered softly as Toothless warbled worriedly at his rider. "Not by a mile" He added, petting his dragon's head gently.

Suddenly, he heard a loud and familiar squawk from above and instantly knew who it was. He heard a thud as Stormfly landed and a softer one when Astrid jumped down.

Hiccup bit his lip and continued to stare at the sun, not being able to look at her because he knew what was going to happen. And he was not going to like it one bit.

"Hey, why'd you run off?" Astrid asked and sat beside him with a small on her face. When she saw his serious look, it dropped and she frowned in concern.

"Hiccup? Are you okay?" She asked again and placed a hand on his cheek for him to look at her. He felt his heart drop when he saw her concerned face and felt tears gather in his eyes.

"We need to break up" Hiccup said softly, feeling a tear fall down his face. Astrid gaped and pulled her hand back, tears pooling into her blue eyes.

Astrid felt her heart break as she heard those five words come out of his mouth. They've been together for 2 years and she knew in her heart that they would be together for their whole lives.

"What?" She asked him and his heart broke when he heard her voice cracking. He looked away from her and shook his head.

"We have to break up, Astrid" He said again, leaving a sour taste in his mouth and feeling tears about to fall.

His heart yearned for him to kiss her and hold her in his arms, never letting go again. But he had to stay strong. Stay strong for her.

She couldn't believe it, her heart, body, mind and everything in her couldn't take it. They were always together. Always.

"Wh-why? What happened? What-what did I do?" She continued to ask, tears rolling down her face as her heart stopped beating.

"It's not you, it's me" Hiccup told her and she let out a frustrated breath. Astrid took his hand and made him look at her.

"Yak dung, Hiccup! Tell me! Please! I-i'll change, I-i promise-" Astrid pleaded, tears running down her face and making his heart break more.

"I'm not good enough for you!" He said, shaking his head and making her stop talking. He sighed and looked away again, a tear falling out of his eye.

"I-i just- y-you deserve someone better than me. Someone who's can spar with you who likes weapons and fighting. A real viking-" He spoke, getting cut off by Astrid scoffing.

"We have plenty of things in common! But even if, don't you think I need someone who cares? Who listens, who is always there for me? Someone who loves me? Don't you love me, Hiccup?" Astrid asked him, tilting her head to see his face.

"With everything I have and I always will, but that's why. I want you to be happy, Astrid" Hiccup told her, finally looking into her eyes again.

"I am happy. So happy because I'm with you. I love you, Hiccup." She said sincerely, her eyes still filled with tears.

"You make me feel like so care-free and happy. You make me feel loved just by looking at me. You always listen and care. And just the thought of you-you leaving me, makes-makes my whole body numb" She told him, letting out a soft sob at the end and wiping away tears with her wrist.

"You promised." Astrid choked out, biting her lip miserably. Hiccup looked into her eyes and saw tears building up again, quickly looking away to stop more tears.

"There will always be a Hiccup and Astrid. Always." Astrid whispered and felt more tears run down her face, her heart breaking at the memory. Hiccup looked up at her with those words and felt his love for her overtake his body.

Hiccup looked at her saddened state and couldn't believe he made her feel that way. He quickly took her into his arms, both of them with tears running down their faces.

"I'm sorry" He muttered into her hair, hugging her tightly. She cried softly into his neck and nodded, her arms around his middle.

"I just love you so much, m'lady" Hiccup sighed, closing his eyes and leaning his head against hers.

"Just-gods, never think like that again" Astrid replied, her heart finally being at peace again as she felt his arms around her.

"You have to know, babe." She continued, pulling back and cupping his tear streaked face in her hands, staring lovingly into his green eyes.

"With you, I'm always better off" Astrid told him, giving him a small smile. Hiccup let out a soft and airy laugh before smiling back at her.

"I'm always better off with you too" Hiccup said back and leaned in to kiss her softly. She brought her hands down and placed them on his neck, kissing him back.

No matter what, the two would always be together. And with that, they were always better off.