Weak

Hi guys! First chapter in my second oneshot book! Whoo! Let's do this guys!

Anyways, this happens at the earlier parts of Hiccstrid dating in S4 of RTTE! Enjoy!

———————

"Astrid, we need to go there's too many of them!" Hiccup shouted at her as the flyers began to close in on them. She dogged another arrow and shook her head at him.

'He might think I'm weak, but I'm not! I can prove it!' Astrid thought in her head.

"No! We can't let them get to the Edge! We need to fight now!" Astrid told him and hit another flyer. Hiccup sighed at his girlfriend and his eyes widened when he saw an arrow aimed at her.

"Astrid!" He yelled again, but was too late as the arrow hit her leg. She gasped and looked at the flyer, hitting them with one of Stormfly's needles.

"Astrid! You're shot, m'lady! We need to head back!" Hiccup flew beside her and told her sternly with a worried look his face. She sighed and nodded, retreating from the battle.

Once they arrived at the Clubhouse, Astrid immediately tried to get off by herself, but Hiccup beat her to it. He jumped off before her and helped her get down. She smiled at him gratefully as he slung her arm around her shoulder and helped her stand up.

"Woah! What happened?!" Fishelgs instantly asked as Hiccup brought Astrid to a chair and let her sit down.

"Flyers up north. They ambushed us when we were flying" Hiccup answered him. 'I need to fight back! Okay take the arrow out and prove your strength!' She thought.

Astrid looked down at the arrow and quickly pulled it out, no blood was seeping out so she stood up.

"We need to go now. Before they can come to the Edge" Astrid said, standing up and walking over to Stormfly. Hiccup's face turned back i to a worried one as he saw her walking.

"Astrid, you were just shot. Please sit down" He pleaded and quickly walked over to her. She shook her head and smiled at him.

"I'm fine, babe! Look! I can stand!" She told him, taking his hand and kissing his cheek lightly. He still frowned in concern at her.

Fishlegs picked up the arrow and looked closely at its tip. He gasped and dropped the arrow in shock.

"Astrid! That arrow was poisoned!" Fishlegs exclaimed with wide eyes. She shrugged and shook her head.

"I don't feel anything, so can we please just go?" She asked and looked out at the sky. The gang all had worried looks plastered on their faces as they exchanged glances.

"Astrid, I don't think you should go. The arrow was poisoned" Ruffnut told her and Astrid frowned at her friend. She looked at everyone else questioningly and they nodded.

"Okay, you know what? I'm going to my hut to get a shield and fight those flyers myself." Astrid huffed and got on the hesitant Stormfly towards her hut. Hiccup sighed deeply as he watched his girlfriend. He couldn't let her do this.

Astrid got off her dragon and opened the door to her hut. She looked around her hut for the shield, trying to push out the image of her worried boyfriend in her head.

'You're strong, Astrid. Not some weak girl who gets shot by a tiny arrow and gives up. You can fight!' She said in her head, looking around.

"Where is it?" Astrid muttered under her breath and continued looking for her shield. She kneeled down to look underneath her bed and saw nothing. As she stood back up, a cloth suddenly covered her nose and her eyes widened in fear before she blacked out.

•••

Astrid's eyes fluttered open and she groaned sleepily. She looked around the room and realized that she wasn't in her hut. Before she could shout, a familiar voice interrupted her.

"Hey, Astrid. You're finally up" Hiccup greeted and smiled at her while walking into the room.

"Hiccup! What are happened? I need to-!" Astrid started and realized that her ankle was tied to the bed. She looked up at him and pouted.

"Hiccup!" She whined, making him laugh softly and shake his head. He took a small bottle from the table and sat down beside her.

"Here. Drink this. It'll make you feel better" Hiccup told her and passed her the bottle. She took it in her hands and drank it slowly.

"Ugh, what is in that?" Astrid groaned and gave him back the empty bottle. He chuckled and placed the back of his hand on her fore head.

"You're getting a fever, Ast" He told her and placed his hand down. She felt her heart skip as his green eyes landed on her blue ones and looked at her worriedly.

"Hiccup, I need to-" Astrid started, interrupting the quiet moment.

"Astrid, you need to rest. The gang is on it right now. They can handle it. You just need to rest, okay?" Hiccup asked her, tilting his head. She nodded and he sighed softly before bringing her into a hug.

Since that whole week had flyers coming at them every single day, Hiccup had to keep Astrid there by the rope, despite her complains.

As the week ended and Astrid got better, the flyers' attacks started to lessen and lessen. The gang thought that it was because of them, but that soon changed.

On the seventh night, Astrid and Hiccup slept peacefully in each other's arms. Astrid was almost back into full health and she couldn't wait until she could finally fight those flyers again.

Suddenly, the door creaked open and Astrid's eyes bursted open at the sound. She sat up and untangled herself from Hiccup's arms, looking around. In the shadows, she spotted a dark figure and her eyes widened in fear.

A flyer jumped out and quickly covered her head with a sack, muffling her shouts. They cut the rope tied to her foot and carried her out the door.

Astrid took a deep breath and calmed herself down. Then, she pounded on the person's back hard and kicked them where the sun didn't shine.

They groaned in pain and let her fall to the ground. She swiftly took off the gag and stood up, punching them in the jaw. They groaned loudly again and fell down.

"Astrid?!" Hiccup called out and ran outside his hut, looking for her. When his eyes landed on her and the flyer on the ground, he rushed over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Thank Thor, you're alright!" He muttered into her hair as she hugged him back lovingly. He kissed the side of her head and they pulled back.

"All thanks to you, babe. I'm sorry I was so stubborn and didn't rest. I just wanted to show that I was strong." Astrid confessed as he placed a hand on her cheek and she leaned into it. He chuckled and smiled at her.

"You are always strong, Astrid. Everyone knows that. I just kept protectong you because I cared so much. I never wanna see you get hurt" Hiccup told her, making her smiled back. Her heart lightened as he told her that, finally being at peace that she didn't need to keep showing that she was strong.

"Hiccup, I love you" She told him and he grinned before they leaned in to kiss each other. She wrapped her hands around his neck and he rested his on her waist.

"I love you too" He replied as they pulled away, their foreheads still touching. They turned around as they heard someone groan behind them.

"Awww, come on! I was woken up by this!" Snotlout groaned and gestured to the couple. The rest of the gang grumbled angrily and left to go back to sleep.

Hiccup and Astrid laughed softly at them. Astrid leaned her head on his chest and hugged him tightly. The one thing she was scared of was that people thought she was weak. But here was this auburn haired, green eyed boy who never thought that at all and warmed her heart. He just cared.