Beautiful

Hi guys! Happens during RTTE S6! Enjoy!

———————

"You can not be serious!" Astrid exclaimed in disbelief  as Hiccup nodded and laughed at her reaction.

"They did!" Hiccup told her, grinning widely, and she chuckled loudly, shaking her head.

"The twins couldn't have slipped an eel into Ryker's pants!" She denied, laughing hard at the thought and grinning in amusement. Hiccup shrugged and let out a soft airy laugh.

"It's the twins, what can't they do?" He said and glanced out the window of his hut, seeing that it was afternoon already. He and Astrid had been talking and spending time together since that morning, Astrid sitting on his desk and Hiccup on the chair beside her.

"No way, I don't believe it" Astrid retorted and crossed her arms over her chest with a smirk on her face. Hiccup shrugged again and grinned back at her.

"What was I thinking? The great Fearless Astrid Hofferson wouldn't believe a simple viking like me" He teased her, making her roll her eyes and smile.

"You aren't a viking" She corrected and tilted her head at him, making him frown. She laughed softly and shook her head.

"You aren't a viking because you're Hiccup" Astrid told him, smiling happily and brushing a hair away from his face.

"And Hiccup is way better than any other viking" She finished, gazing lovingly into his bright green eyes. He smiled at her widely and sighed softly.

"Are you even gonna touch on the 'Fearless Astrid Hofferson'?" He asked playfully, a grin spreading on his lips as he heard her chuckle softly.

"Why? Is it wrong?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow and smiling cheekily. He shook his head and straightened his back as much as he could to be closer to her.

"Not at all" Hiccup mumbled, getting lost into her azure blue eyes and leaning in to kiss her deeply. She kissed him back, feeling her heart flutter in love as their lips touched.

Hiccup placed a hand on her cheek and slowly stood up, being able to kiss her more. He moved his hand back down to rest on her waist and she smiled lightly.

After a while, they pulled away and panted heavily. Astrid laughed softly at his hair's disheveled state and lifted her hands to fix it out for him. Hiccup chuckled at her gesture and briefly kissed her again.

"Fearless suites you, m'lady" Hiccup told her as she grinned at him happily, strands of blonde hair framing her face and making his heart beat quicker at the sight.

"So does Valkyrie, beautiful, gorgeous, talented, smart, kind, amazing, gods- did I mention beautiful?" He asked, looking at her face and smiling brightly at her. Astrid let out a soft laugh and blushed lightly.

"Twice, babe" She answered and his grin spread wider across his face. He pushed a piece of hair behind her ear and placed a hand on her cheek.

"Well, that's 'cause you are" Hiccup told her sincerely and she looked away, blushing. Astrid bit her lip nervously and felt a frown grow on her face.

She never felt that she was beautiful. Why? She was so different from usual viking girls. Instead of being more family-oriented, she wanted to be a warrior. Instead of being curvy and busty, she was thin and slim.

A tear fell down her cheek as she compared herself to other viking girls, feeling unworthy of Hiccup's attention. Seeing her tear, his smile dropped and turned into a frown.

"Astrid?" He called out and she quickly wiped away the tear and sniffled. "Astrid, what's wrong?" He asked her, taking her hands in his.

Astrid shook her head and looked back up at his worried face. "Ho-how am I beautiful?" She questioned him in a soft voice, making Hiccup frown even more.

"I-i'm not curvy like other viking women, I-i'm skinny and thin and d-don't have wide hips" She continued and Hiccup just stared at her, making her sigh in frustration.

"Can you say something at least?" Astrid asked him, shaking her head and hanging her head in shame. Hiccup blinked and placed a hand under her chin, making her look at him.

"Astrid... if you could only see what I could see, you'd know how breathtakingly beautiful you are" Hiccup told her firmly, staring sincerely into her glassy blue eyes.

"I'll always think you're beautiful, Astrid. No one, not anything like what other vikings look like, will ever change that" He said, making a small smile appear on her face.

"I love you, Hiccup" Astrid replied, her heart soaring with love for the auburn haired boy. Hiccup smiled back and squeezed her hand gently.

"You already know what I'm gonna say" Hiccup mumbled as she hugged him tightly. Astrid sighed softly in content and closed her eyes, smiling happily in the arms of her betrothed. He hugged her back and kissed the side of her head.

To Hiccup, no matter the time or place, Astrid would always be beautiful.