Always a Pair Part I

Hi guys! This happens during RTTE S6 when Hiccstrid is already betrothed. This will be spilt into two parts, enjoy!

———————

"Ugh, Astrid, why are we even doing this again?" Snotlout whined from a bush outside Hiccup's window. Astrid rolled her eyes but kept looking at the door.

"Hiccup's been acting weird lately, not going out of his hut sometimes or being missing for periods of time-"Astrid started and Snotlout huffed, cutting her off.

"So what? He's Hiccup. He's probably working on a new nerdy invention" Snotlout interrupted and Fishlegs shook his head.

"Well, he didn't tell me and he always tells me about his new inventions!" Fishlegs told him while Astrid grinned and nodded.

"Plus, he didn't tell me and I'm his betrothed and best friend." Astrid said. "Human best friend" Tuffnut murmured under his breath and quickly coughed when Astrid shot him a glare.

"Hiccup tells me everything, so this is pretty strange of him" Astrid continued, looking back at the shut door and sighing.

"Double plus, he didn't tell me and I'm his wingman for the wedding! He tells me nothing!" Ttuffnut added, making Astrid frown and quickly turn again. 

"Wedding?" She asked in confusion and Tuffnut nodded. "Tuff, there isn't a wedding any time near" She stated with a chuckle at the end, shaking her head.

"Not with that attitude!" Ruffnut chimed in and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. Astrid raised an eyebrow at her and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Ruffnut, Hiccup and I are not gonna married" Astrid declared with a firm tone, making Snotlout smirk smugly. He draped an arm around Astrid and she gagged.

"That's right because it's gonna be me and- OWWW!" Snotlout groaned in pain, holding his side and glaring at Astrid. She rolled her eyes and turned back to Ruffnut with a small smile.

"I didn't finish. Hiccup and I aren't getting married... yet." Astrid said, a love struck look in her eyes as she thought about the auburn haired boy.

"Speaking of Hiccup, there he is!" Fishlegs exclaimed and pointed to the door opening. Everyone quickly ducked to hide themselves and tried to see what he was doing.

"Ew! Move!" Tuffnut whispered in disgust to his sister who scoffed. "You move!" She hissed back and nudged him to the side.

"Everybody, shut up" Astrid whispered sharply to them, not taking her eyes off Hiccup's moving figure.

"Well, bud. We still haven't found them." Hiccup said, plopping onto the chair beside his desk. He took a piece of paper while Toothless warbled and curled up by his feet.

"Hiccup tells his dragon and not his betrothed" Tuffnut muttered again, making Astrid's jaw harden.

"Both of you need to fix this before the wedding" Ruffnut told her and Astrid let out a deep breath, pursing her lips.

"See, babe, I wouldn't treat you that way!" Snotlout flirted, placing a hand on her shoulder and making her growl softly. She shrugged his hand off and eyed the gang behind her.

"Didn't I say for everybody to shut up?!" Astrid hissed again in a louder voice, turning to them with an annoyed face.

"G-guys?" A voice called out from behind them, making the gang's eyes widen in shock as they looked over to Hiccup who looked out his window.

Astrid froze instantly and bit her lip before turning around to see her betrothed's confused face. She gave a small wave and chuckled nervously.

"H-hey, b-babe!" Astrid greeted with a anxious smile and glanced at her friends who whistled innocently and looked away.