Ship or Split?

Hi guys! I think Hiccup is really smart, but when it comes to subtle hints and betrothal gifts, he's clueless. Plus, I love flustered and nervous Hiccup!

Surprisingly, I didn't use Erica again for this one. Just another random OC!

This happens before HTTYD2, they look like how they are there. Enjoy!

———————

"Well, that's the Sven's sheep problem done" Hiccup announced, walking over to Astrid, who nearly laughed at how tired he looked, and their dragons.

"What did the sheep do to you?" She asked, her faced torn between amusement and concern. Hiccup rolled his eyes at her and took her hand.

"Let's just say taming a sheep requires a different tactic than a dragon" Hiccup muttered and she chuckled as they walked back to the village, their dragons tailing behind and playing with each other.

"So, anymore tasks?" Astrid asked him and he shook his head, a smile rising on his face. "Actually, no. I think we're done for the day" Hiccup answered and sighed in relief.

For the whole week, Stoick had appointed Hiccup as acting chief and left for a meeting on another island. Stoick also appointed Astrid as acting chieftess to Hiccup in which they both blushed beet red. ("If you don't propose to the lass, I'll propose for you! Just marry her!" Stoick told Hiccup. "Dad!")

Both Astrid and he had things to do for their jobs and decided to do them together so they were less tiring.

"Thank Thor, all our stuff are finally-" Astrid was cut off by a someone shouting for them. "-not over yet" She finished, a tired sigh leaving her lips.

Hiccup laughed softly and they turned back, seeing a guard and Gustav come up to them. "Chief Hiccup, there's an unknown boat approaching our docks" The viking told him and he nodded.

"Astrid, the twins set the stables on fire!" Gustav said to her and she frowned in disbelief. "For the second time today?" She asked and he nodded, making her frown more.

"At least yours is easier" Hiccup said, trying to make her calm down. Astrid raised an eyebrow and she shrugged.

"At least yours doesn't include scolding your two friends and putting out another fire" Astrid replied and he grinned.

"Well, have fun, m'lady" He told her sarcastically and kissed her cheek before letting go of her hand and following the guard.

Astrid smiled a little, watching her boyfriend walk away, and turned back to Gustav who had a smug look on his face.

"What?" She asked and he pointed to his cheek. Astrid glared and pushed him aside. "Take a hint, Gustav" She sighed, shaking her head.

Stormfly squawked angrily at the boy and Gustav yelped, recoiling and jumping away.

•••

At the docks, the ship had already arrived. A girl his age was helped by what looked like her guards and waited for Hiccup to arrive.

She wore a red dress and a gold bracelet around her neck. Her brown hair was down in curly locks and her hazel eyes watched as Hiccup and a viking went over to her.