More Than Friends

Hi guys! I got inspired when I was doing Buzzfeed quizzes with my friend for fun. They're somehow really entertaining 🤣

Highschool AU and Hiccstrid is 18 here. Enjoy!

———————

"-when have you ever done that?" Astrid asked, laughing loudly with her two best friends.

"I did! Yesterday!" Ruffnut told her, holding onto a pillow as they sat in a circle on the floor. It was a late Friday afternoon and they all wanted to hang-out at Heather's place.

"See!" Heather said to Astrid who rolled her eyes and grinned. "Fine! Whatever" Astrid replied, shrugging and reached over for a candy bar.

"What do you wanna do now?" Heather asked and Ruffnut's eyes lit up. She opened her mouth to speak but Astrid cut her off.

"It better not be anything related to pranking, Ruff" Astrid warned, taking a bite of her candy bar. Ruffnut scoffed and shook her head, taking out her laptop.

"It's not that. It's...this" Her friend said, pausing to type something in and turning the screen around to show her friends.

"Soulmate quizzes" Heather read aloud and both our eye went wide.

"Why?!" We exclaimed and both asked her. She shrugged and grinned at us.

"We have nothing else to do and it's pretty fun. Besides... aren't you a little curious?" Ruffnut teased them, raising an eyebrow. Heather smiled a little and nodded excitedly. Astrid bit her lip nervously, unsure.

"Oh come on, we'll get to see if Hiccup is more than just a crush" Heather told her and Astrid immediately sent her a glare and blushed.

Astrid sighed in defeat and shrugged, making her friends grin. "Fine. I'll take your stupikd quiz" She muttered and looked over at the laptop.

"Okay! Ast, since you're the most excited to do this-" Heather said, making the blonde roll her eyes. "You're going first" She finished and opened up a quiz on the laptop.

"How often do you floss?" Ruffnut asked her and Astrid shrugged. "A few times a week?" She answered.

"Gross, okay. Pick a smell you absolutely love: Freshly Ground Coffee, Gasoline, Rain, Freshly Baked Cookies, Ocean Breeze, Freshly Baked Bread" Heather listed and Astrid smiled at one from a memory.

"Rain" Astrid answered, suddenly her auburn haired best friend and crush popped into her head. She blushed and shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

"What's the single most important quality for your Soulmate to posses? A sense of humor, empathy, kindness, honesty, flexibility, loyalty"
"A sense of humor." She answered, smiling.

"Pick something cheesy to eat right now: Grilled Cheese, Pizza, Mac 'n' Cheese, Nachos, Cheesecake, Mozzarella Sticks"

"Mac 'n' Cheese! Gods, I am hungry" Astrid said. "Preach, sis!" Ruffnut replied while they grinned and gave each other a high five.

"It's late, and out of the blue, your ex texts you, "WYD?" How do you respond-?" Heather began and Astrid quickly interrupted her.

"I don't say anything back. I'm not going back to him" She said with a disgusted face, making her friend grin. "Only Hiccup, huh?" Ruffnut teased, making Astrid blush.