Count On Me

Hi guys! Sorry if there are so many time skips, I'm just placing extra scenes into the episode.

Happens in Midnight Scrum, RTTE S3 E7. It's when there's a bounty on Hiccup's head. Enjoy!

———————

Astrid had slept late that night, tossing and turning in her bed. Thinking about the bounty Viggo had placed on Hiccup's head. About how so many bounty hunters were looking for him.

When she finally managed to fall asleep, her head was still with worried and scared thoughts for the auburn haired boy. She had to admit, she had alway had feelings for him.

"HICCUP!" Stoick's voice boomed through the village, waking Astrid from her sleep. Her eyes flew open and she gasped.

She immediately sat up and jumped out of her bed, startling her dragon awake. Stormfly warbled at her questioningly and sat up, following after her rider who ran out of her house.

"Had anyone seen Hiccup? HICCUP!" Stoick yelled loudly while Astrid nearly tripped down the stairs. She swung open the door and ran outside, seeing Stoick shouting and running from door to door.

The sun still slowly rising, Astrid ran towards him and Toothless. He turned to her and she could see his pained expression.

"Have you seen Hiccup?" Stoick asked her urgently and her heart dropped in realization. 'Bounty hunters took Hiccup' She thought and glowered, shaking her head and feeling tears gather in her eyes.

"Astrid!" He called out again and Astrid sighed deeply. "Bounty hunters took him. Ever since Viggo placed a bounty on him, they've attacked at every opportunity" Astrid answered, her eyes hardening with determination.

"We need to get the others" She quickly added and turned to run off, but was stopped by Stoick's hand grabbing her arm.

She faced him again and saw his green eyes soften, reminding her of Hiccup's own eyes. She shut her eyes tightly to stop tears from falling and bite her lip.

"It's Hiccup. He'll be okay, lass." Stoick comforted her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Her eyes opened and glistened with unshed tears.

"He better be, because I don't what I would do if he wasn't" Astrid replied and frowned worriedly. He gave her a comforting smile before the two of them spread apart to wake the dragon riders up.

•••

"Ugh, what are we doing here?" Snotlout groaned and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "It's barely even morning" Tuffnut added and yawned loudly.

"Meatlug's not gonna be happy flying this early" Fishlegs muttered and sat down on a crate beside his friends. "I wanna go back to bed!" Ruffnut whined and slumped against a wall.

Suddenly, an axe flew past them and landed right into the pole between the four friends. They all yelped in surprise, their eyes widening, and turned to the direction it came from.

Astrid stood in front of them with her arms crossed over her chest and Stormfly behind her.

"Hiccup is missing. He's been taken by bounty hunters that will hand him over to Viggo who will most likely kill him." Astrid said firmly and glared at them.

"Be serious and knock off the sleep. We need to find him." She added and they nodded at her, becoming fully alert. She grimaced and turned back to Stormfly, checking her saddle bag as Stoick came in the room.

•••

"-it was his fault for being grabbed anyway, not mine!" Savage exclaimed, making Astrid's blood boil in anger. She growled softly and scowled at the man, trying her best not to lash out.

She saw Stoick shove him up against a pole and heard him groan in pain. She gripped her axe tighter and her knuckled whitened on how much she clenched it.

"Riders, mount up!" Stoick yelled to them, getting on Toothless. Astrid looked between Savage and her dragon, walking over to Savage instead.

She crouched down in front of the viking and glared at him angrily. "If you hurt Hiccup in any way, I will end you" Astrid told him in a low, threatening voice.

Savage gulped and nodded in fright of the girl who still looked at him with a death glare. "If you ever try to take him again, I will end you. If you even get one step close to him, I will end you" She continued, feeling her anger rise and rise.

"If you do anything, I. Will. End. You." Astrid finished, leaving Savage with wide, scared eyes and tightly closed mouth. She climbed on to Stormfly and lifted off into the air, following Stoick.

Windshear and Heather flew beside them and her friend raised an eyebrow at her. "What did you do down there?" She asked and Astrid shrugged.

"Just making sure Savage knows the consequences of his actions" Astrid answered, not making eye contact with Heather and flying up to the chief.

Still a little angry, she continued to fly forward, looking and searching for any sign of Hiccup. Her eyes scanned the vast ocean and she sighed softly.

"Oh, Hiccup. Where are you?" She muttered under her breath, sadness and concern washing over her face.

•••

Once they landed, Stoick and the others made their way to the Great Hall, leaving Hiccup and Astrid behind.

"Hey" Hiccup greeted her with a grin on his face, turning to Astrid and making her smile a little.

"So, today was a crazy day, huh? Me getting captured, being passed around like a hot potato, nearly getting killed- oof!" He exclaimed when Astrid launched herself at him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Hiccup smiled at her and hugged back, his heart fluttering. She hugged him tightly and closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of his arms around her.

After a second, Astrid pulled away and placed her hands on his shoulders. Her eyes looked at his with concern and relief.

"I'm glad you're back. You really worried me, Hiccup" She told him and shook her head with a small sigh.

"Well, you know, it really wasn't my fault. I didn't wanna get kidnapped" He replied and she rolled her eyes, dropping her arms to her sides.

"But you also didn't wanna tell Stoick about the bounty and insisted on going to the party" Astrid said and gave him a pointed look.

"Hiccup, you need to be more careful. Think of would have happened if we had lost you. Berk would have no heir, it would also lose one of it's best protectors. The dragon riders would be left leaderless and fall apart, leaving Berk even more unprotected. Your dad would be depressed without you, Toothless would be depressed and also have no rider. And I would-" Astrid listed and looked away from him, but stopped herself and inhaled sharply.

She looked back at his eyes and felt her heart jump when she saw the concern and adoration in them.

"Be careful, Hiccup" She finished with blue, glassy eyes from her unshed tears. He gave her a small smile and nodded.

"I'll do my best" Hiccup agreed. "Anyways, you'll be there to remind me and rescue me when I forget" He teased, making her grin back at him.

"You bet I will" Astrid chuckled out and turned to Stormfly, climbing onto her back. "You can always count on me" She told him and smiled brightly before flying off to the Great Hall.