Talented

Hi guys! The song and picture in this isn't mine! Song is Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum.

Happens before HTTYD2, enjoy!

———————

"ARGHHH!" Astrid yelled as she threw her axe at a target and hit a bull's eyes from a few meters away. She exhaled sharply and grinned, walking over to get it.

Today was the annual Berk talent competition and she was practicing her talent of axe throwing, since Stoick had banned any talent including riding a dragon.

Astrid walked over to her axe and her eyes widened in shock as she saw a crack right through the metal. She gaped and quickly pulled it out, inspecting it carefully.

She traced the crack in the middle with her finger and frowned. Her dragoon squawked worriedly and Astrid sighed, looking up at her.

"Looks like I don't have a talent anymore, girl" Astrid told Stormfly in a sad voice and placed the axe on the saddle.

"What am I gonna do?" She asked tiredly and frowned at the Nadder who nuzzled into her face comfortingly. An idea popped into Astrid's head, making her frown even more.

"If I- are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked her dragon and she squawked and nodded at her rider. Astrid laughed softly and petted her dragon's snout.

"I guess, we're doing it then" Astrid stated and smiled as she climbed onto Stormfly's back and they flew back to the village.

There was only an hour for her to do this and be able to practice. She needed to be quick.

•••

It was just minutes before the competition and the village was crowded in the Great Hall, instead of the table in front was a stage.

Hiccup looked around for a familiar blonde haired and blue eyed girl, but she couldn't find her anywhere. His eyes searched for Astrid in the crowd and he nearly jumped when he felt hands cover his eyes.

"Hey, I was looking for you!" Hiccup greeted, a grin spreading on his face as he turned around and saw Astrid in front of him.

"Why? Did you miss me?" Astrid teased, smiling brightly at him and leaning in to briefly kiss him on the lips.

"No, I absolutely loved being away from my betrothed" Hiccup answered sarcastically, a blush rising on his face from the kiss. She rolled her eyes and he looked down at what she was holding.

"Is that-?" He asked, his eyes widening in recognition and gaping at her. She chuckled nervously and nodded, her cheeks tinting light pink.

"Are you-?" Hiccup asked again, not being able to form words as Astrid nodded once again. He let out a breath and smile happily.

"Astrid, that's- that's- gods!" He excalimed and pulled her into a tight hug. She chuckled and hugged him back, resting her head on his shoulder.

Hiccup couldn't believe it! He had been urging her to do this since she was great at it, but she didn't really have enough confidence. It was one of the things that only he knew about her, yet he was happy to share it with everyone else.

"Are you gonna finish any of those sentences?" She asked, closing her eyes and inhaling deeply. He grinned and pulled back, gazing at her proudly.

"M'lady, you are gonna do great" Hiccup told her firmly, making her smile grow wider. "Thanks, babe" Astrid replied and felt her heart flutter with a new surge of confidence as she looked into his loving green eyes.