Messed Up

Hi guys! A request! Happens when Hiccstrid is 19, enjoy!

———————

"Astrid! You cannot-!" SLAM! Astrid slammed the door in front of the lady's face and fell her knees weaken. She felt tears gather in her eyes as she ran over and plopped onto her bed.

It had been a month since she was forced into this stupid cult and was trying with all her effort to get out. It had so many days since she last saw her friends, her family, and even people! She was locked in this house with all the other members and couldn't go out.

Everything was so messed up.

Astrid sobbed softly into her pillow, her cries being slightly muffled. Suddenly, she heard the doorbell ring and because she was a new member, she had to answer it.

The blonde quickly wiped away her tears and glanced at her reflection in the mirror. Her braid was slightly askew, but otherwise she didn't look like she had been crying that much.

She walked downstairs and peeked through the window to see who it was. She saw an auburn haired man carrying a crate of vegetables and swung open the door.

"Hi" Astrid greeted with a small smile an glanced down from his bright green eyes to the vegetable he wad holding.

"Hey. Uhh, lettuce?" He said questioningly and frowned in confusion at the crate he was holding.

"Yeah, I'll take that" She replied with a light chuckle and he passed the crate over to her, smiling sheepishly.

Their hands lightly brushed when he did and they both felt a jolt of electricity through them. Astrid swiftly looked back up the man and blushed lightly.

"Sorry, I don't usually deliver stuff. I'm Hiccup, by the way" Hiccup apologized and Astrid nodded.

"Astrid. I'm new here too" She introduced herself and Hiccup smiled back at her.

"Well, I'll see you next time?" Astrid asked him and he chuckled. "Definitely" He confirmed and waived goodbye before walking off.

Astrid shut the door behind her and felt a smile growing on her lips. There was just something about Hiccup, something different. Or maybe it was just because he was the first new person she saw in over 30 days...

•••

A few weeks later and Hiccup and Astrid soon became somewhat friends. Every day when Hiccup delivered vegetables to the house, Astrid would answer it and it would be the highlight of her day.

The door bell rang and Astrid instantly smiled, standing up from her desk and walking downstairs over to the door.

"Hey, Hiccup" Astrid greeted as she opened the door and smiled at his grinning face.

"Astrid. So, how's life?" Hiccup greeted and asked her, making the girl roll her eyes and sigh.

"Same sad one" She answered and smiled sadly at him. His grin dropped into a sad frown and pursed his lips.

"You'll get through this. I know you" Hiccup told her and she snorted. "From what? The deliveries?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yeah and also the fact that we're kind of, maybe, somewhat.... friends now" He replied sheepishly and gave her a small smile. Astrid laughed softly and shrugged.

"I guess we are" She said back and his smile widened into a grin. She felt her heart beat faster as she stared into his eyes and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.