Better Off Part I

Hi guys! For the other people who have given requests in my two books, it's always going to be published here. Don't be afraid to request stuff, because you guys never ever annoy me ❤️

Some angst coming up! This is split into two parts! Theo is another random character I made up. Happens right before HTTYD2. Enjoy!

———————

Hiccup sighed softly as he worked at the forge, making another saddle. It a normal afternoon on Berk where earlier that day he had flight with Toothless and Astrid and now they both had their jobs.

'Astrid' His mind went back to her name and a goofy grin appeared on his face as he thought about his betrothed. The way her hair shone in the sun, the way she fought without defeat, the way she opens up to only him.

Realizing he head more work to do, he quickly shook his head and went back to the saddle he was making. After a few minutes, he stepped back and wiped the sweat off his forehead, looking at what he accomplished. 

Suddenly, a warm pair of arms wrapped around his middle and a head rested on his shoulder. Hiccup grinned, knowing who it was and placed his hands on top of hers.

"Hey, babe" Astrid greeted him and turned her head to kiss his cheek. He chuckled lightly and turned around so he could see her.

"Hi, m'lady. What brings you here?" Hiccup asked and leaned on the table behind him. She shrugged and shook her head, a small smile on her face.

"A random boat popped by the docks and your dad told me to find you. But, I really just wanted to see how you were doing" She told him, making him smile and placed his hands on her waist. She laughed softly as he brought her closer to him.

"Eh, you know the saddles. All of that stuff is pretty boring. It's better now that you're here" He replied, making her smile wider. She hummed softly in content and laced her hands around his neck, staring into his bright green eyes.

"That was too corny-wasn't it?" He asked her, smiling sheepishly and she chuckled, shaking her head and pressing their forehead together.

"I love you" Astrid told him and he smiled widely. "I love you too" Hiccup said back and leaned in to kiss her deeply. She kissed him back with the same passion and beamed happily.

After a few seconds, they pulled away and smile happily at each other. A loud noise came from outside from Toothless and Stormfly's playing and they laughed softly.

"We should get going" Astrid said and laced her hand with his, walking outside. Hiccup grinned and nodded, following her.

"So what is this boat anyway?" He asked her while they walked down the village, hand in hand with their dragons following them.

"The crest looks like a neighboring tribe's one, not any of our allies though" She answered and Hiccup frowned.

"If it is one of our enemies, they obviously won't tell us that they are and pretend to be another tribe. Maybe we can try to make it like we're actually allies with the enemy's tribe, so they'll get all freaked out" Astrid continued talking and Hiccup nodded along, thinking of how smart and beautiful she was. He gazed at her face and listened to her voice giving advice, making his heart flutter.

"What do you think?" She asked and stopped talking, making him shrug and smile brightly at her.

"First, you are amazingly smart and beautiful" Hiccup said and kissed her head lovingly, making Astrid laugh softly and shake her head.