Not Again

Hi guys! Thanks for waiting and being so supportive of me! I try my best to read each of you's stories and you guys are amazing. Just keep being you and you are set ❤️

Alternative scene for HTTYD3, what if the Light fury didn't save Hiccup? Enjoy!

———————

"Stormfly!" Astrid cried happily and laughed as she nuzzled with her dragon once more. She looked around and saw the rest of the dragon riders freeing their dragons.

"Let's go! We need to help Hiccup" She shouted at them while climbing on to her Nadder. They grinned at her and nodded, following as they flew back to New Berk.

Astrid smirked widely, knowing that they would win this, and flew faster to their new home. This would be just like their other adventures.

Flying closer, she saw two figures in the air, one dropping quickly and another with...people hanging on to it!

Astrid gasped and her eyes widened as she spotted Hiccup hanging onto the Light fury with Grimmel pulling him down.

"HICCUP!" She shouted in fear and gently patted Stormfly's head to go faster. 'Don't let go, don't let go, don't let go' She repeated in her head worriedly as she got closer.

Then, Hiccup did the one thing she was the most terrified of him doing.

He let go.

'HICCUP!' Astrid screamed in her head, but couldn't make out the words. She sat frozen in her seat and felt the world fade away around her as she helplessly watched her betrothed fall from the sky.

She could only hear her own shaky breath and felt a hot tear roll down her cheek. Her heart stopped beating as she saw him hit the water and let out a choked sob.

"Hiccup" Astrid whispered softly and Stormfly soared through sky even quicker, knowingly. When they got down to the water, she looked down and searched for any sign of him.

'It's so shallow' She thought miserably in her head at the water and looked on the other side of Stormfly for him. In the corner of her eye, she saw a body resting on the sea bed and instantly diving into the sea.

Once the cold water hit her face, she heard her dragon's worried squawks while swimming over to her Hiccup's still body.

Astrid hauled him up to the surface, using all her strength and putting all her thoughts into the action. She emerged from the water and gasped for air before heaving him onto her Nadder.

"I'm fine, girl." Astrid croaked through her dry throat and coughed while her dragon flew up to the island. She couldn't bear to look at his face, knowing that she would break down into tears.

When they landed, Stormfly let him slide off her back and onto the grass. Astrid quickly jumped off and sat down beside him, finally looking over at him.

Her eyes gathered tears and she felt her throat close up when she saw that he wasn't breathing. She leaned her head onto his chest to find for a breath and inhaled sharply whrn she didn't.

"Breathe. Please breathe" Astrid whispered softly and pressed her hands down on his chest, trying to get him to wake up.

"G-gods, Hi-hiccup! Just-just breathe!" She sobbed out and kept pressing down. She felt tears blocking her vision and soon could only see blurry outlines of things.

She cupped his face with her hands and looked at his peaceful state. She traced her thumb over his freckles, crying softly and pressed her lips against his.

Not feeling anything back, the girl pulled away and felt her heart crack. His face remained unmoving and didn't show any sign of life.

Astrid let out another loud sob and felt her shoulders shaking. She felt something break inside her and collapsed onto his chest, sobbing and crying.

"Just please breathe" She cried softly and heard someone else land, running over to her. Valka takes one look at her son and falls down on her knees beside her future daughter-in-law. The mother gently rubbed her back and silent tears fall rapidly.

Toothless, finally waking up and realizing what was going on, scanned his surroundings for his rider. His green eyes landed on Hiccup and he swiftly walked over.

Hearing Astrid's heart-wracking sobs, he saw his best friend and felt incredible sadness wash over him. He let out a loud howl and plopped down beside him.

Meanwhile, Astrid couldn't hear, feel, see anything. All her senses just darkened and she just felt so lifeless. Like, everything was fading.

She could only think of him. Of his face. Of his jokes. Of his smile. Of his laugh. Of his voice. Only and just him.

Suddenly, Hiccup's eyes began fluttering open and Valka gasped in delight. He looked around and saw Toothless's happy face smiling at him.
The only one left was the person crying into his chest.

Astrid could only hear her sobs, raking through her whole body and tearing her apart. She couldn't see that Hiccup was awake or that he was alive. She was crying too hard to notice anything.

Hiccup smiled sadly and rubbed her blonde head gently. "M'lady, it's okay" He said softly and she slowly stopped crying.

Astrid's heart stopped beating. She couldn't believe it. She couldn't. She looked up and saw his green eyes looking into hers. Her eyes widened in surprise and she let out a sharp breath.

"Hiccup?" Astrid whispered out to him, scared to her core that he was just a dream. If he was a dream, she would be able to deal with it.

Hiccup chuckled and nodded at her. She still stood frozen, unaware if he was a dream or not. He slowly sat up and held her hand, smiling at her.

"I'm here." Hiccup said, staring happily into her teary blue eyes. Astrid lets out a soft sob and wraps her arms around him, crying into his neck.

He hugged her back and closed his eyes, taking in the feeling of her being in his arms again. He sighed happily and then felt pain shoot up his shoulder.

"OW!" He yelped as Astrid pulled back with angry and worried face. "Knucklehead! You could have died!" She scolded and frowned at him. He smiled back at her and she shook her head.

"So stupid" Astrid whispered as she leaned in and kissed him deeply. He kissed her back passionately and placed a hand on her cheek. He felt a tear rolling down to his hand and pulled back.

"You scared me so much, Hiccup" Astrid whispered as he looked into her eyes. He kissed the tear falling from her eye and smiled.

"I know. I'm sorry" Hiccup apologized and they pressed their forehead against each others, closing their eyes.

"This is the third and the last time, okay?" She told him and he chuckled, nodding.

"Not again" He promised and she smiled happily. Their hearts fluttered with joy as they enjoyed their beloved's company.

Astrid sighed inwardly, knowing that it wiuld happen again. That he would scare her so many more times. But never again will she face what she faced earlier. She wouldn't let it. Not again.