Not Funny!

Hi guys! I sneaked a small Percabeth reference in here, btw. This happens before HTTYD2! Enjoy!

———

"Hey, babe!" Astrid greeted Hiccup, stepping inside the forge and grinning at him. "Astrid! Hey, what have you been doing?" He asked her, looking up from his work and smiling.

She shrugged and leaned beside him on the table. "Teaching at the Academy, training" She answered half-heartedly and looked at what he was working on.

"I see what you've been doing all day." Astrid commented and raised an eyebrow at him. "Another flight suit?"

"It'll be a better version" Hiccup said defensively and she chuckled. "If better means more dangerous then," She started, making him roll his eyes playfully.

"It's safe... enough" He told her and she scoffed. "Besides," He continued, putting down his tools and facing her with a grin.

"You'll be there to swoop in and save me" He finished and she wrapped her arms around his neck, smirking back.

"What if I'm not?" Astrid teased as he placed his hands on her waist. "Then, I'll just plummet to my death" He teased back and she laughed softly, leaning forward and kissing him deeply.

Hiccup kissed her back, smiling into the kiss and pulling her closer to him. She hummed in the kiss and played with the hairs on the back of his neck.

Pulling back slightly, he grinned at her. "I love you" He mumbled and she chuckled. "I love you too, knucklehead" She said back before he leaned in a kissed her again.

"Hiccup! Are you-" Gobber's voice called from beside them and they quickly pulled apart, blushing deep red.

"Ahh, I see. Smooching on the job, eh?" Gobber joked when the couple face him with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

"GAH! G-gobber!" Hiccup stammered and Gobber chuckled, shaking his head. "This must be why the saddles are taking so long" He said in realization and Astrid laughed nervously.

"Well, don't let me stop you two! Go on!" Gobber exclaimed, leaving the forge, and Hiccup rolled his eyes.

He turned to Astrid who was still blushing as much as he was and couldn't help but snicker at the situation.

She scoffed at him and shook her head. "This is not funny, Hiccup" She muttered, making him burst into laughter. "A little funny" He chuckled out and she grinned back at him.

"You're impossible" She told him and he pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "Love you too" Hiccup replied playfully and pecked her lips.

"Now, go back to your job" Astrid laughed, gently pushing him away to his table. "See you later" He said to her with a chuckle and she gave him one last fleeting smile.

•••

At the Great Hall for dinner, the gang sat at their usual table and ate their food. Astrid and Hiccup were sitting beside each other when Stoick and Gobber strolled into the room.

"There's the two love-birds!" Gobber announced as they went over to the table, making the couple blush once more.

"Gobber" Astrid greeted with an embarrassed look on her face. "Hofferson's been distracting the scrawny boy" Gobber continued telling Stoick who laughed and pat his son's back.

"You two better get married soon or I'll make you" Stoick insisted, making Hiccup and Astrid blush even more as their friends tried not to laugh.

"Dad!" Hiccup complained, frowning at him, and the chief shrugged. "If both of you keep kissing like that, might as well do it on your wedding day!" Stoick stated and Astrid coughed nervously.

"Dad, we're just twenty!" Hiccup scoffed and Stoick ruffled his hair. "The perfect age. You can be the reckless boy you are and Astrid'll be there to keep you alive!" Stoick persisted, making Astrid grin.

"Too late" She muttered under her breath, making Hiccup roll his eyes and nudge her. "What?" She asked innocently. "Don't I always try to keep you alive?"

"Well now she can keep you alive and bear heirs to Berk!" Stoick chided, making both their eyes go wide in shock.

"Okay, too much. Not funny, dad!" Hiccup told him, glaring and blushing even brighter red. The chief raised his hands in defense and chuckled.

"Just a suggestion. I won't live forever, you know." He reminded them, leaving the coupled and walking to their table.

"Kissin' in the forge. Ahh, to be young again" Gobber mused, patting the two's backs and following Stoick.

Hiccup and Astrid ate their food in silence, cheeks still light pink. All their friends tried to hold in their laughter, hiding their grins.

"What?" Astrid narrowed her eyes at them, challenging them to say anything. Snotlout shrugged and pushed away a laugh.

"Nothing. Just, Fishlegs...what are you eating?" He asked his friend and Fishlegs bit his lip to stop from grinning.

"Baby carrots" Fishlegs answered and they all bursted into laughter. "BABY!" Tuffnut guffawed, holding his stomach.

"Hiccup and Astrid standing in the forge! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First, comes love! Second, come marriage! Third, comes a baby in a big whit carriage!" Ruffnut sang mockingly as they laughed even harder.

Hiccup glared at them to shut up and sighed, going back to his food and ignoring the embarrassment. Then, he heard soft laughter coming from beside him and turned to see Astrid chuckling.

"Astrid!" He exclaimed, making her look at him and grin widely. "Isn't it 'a little funny'?" She quoted him and he rolled his eyes.

"Married Hiccstrid. What would that look like?" Fishlegs wondered and they all laughed at the thought of it.

"Probably more PDA" Snotlout grumbled. "Oh! They'll have more petty arguments about stuff like Hiccup's flight suit!" Tuffnut added and they nodded at him.

"Isn't that true?" Hiccup raised an eyebrow at Astrid who grinned and shook her head. "And they'll have babies! Cute Hiccstrid babies!" Ruffnut gushed, making the smiles on the couple's face drop.

"Ruffnut..." Astrid warned, the blush rising on her cheeks again. "Guys. Shut up." Hiccup asserted with a glare and they all silenced.

After a minute of peacefulness and after Astrid and Hiccup calmed down, Tuffnut muttered. "Hiccstrid babies will be very cute"

"TUFFNUT!" "NOT FUNNY!"