Love

Hi guys! Sorry if this has so many time skips, but it made the most sense.

Happens a month after HTTYD3, enjoy!

———————

"Hiccup?" Astrid called out, stepping inside their hut. "Hey, babe?" She called again when no one replied.

Astrid frowned when there was still no reply and closed the door behind her. She walked further into their hut and saw a figure slumped by the desk.

She sighed knowingly and went over to him, brushing his hair. "Hiccup. I know you don't adapt well to change and you miss Toothless." She started and bit her lip as he still didn't speak.

"We all do, I miss Stormfly so much, but you need to know that you're still Hiccup without Toothless" Astrid told him, making the auburn haired boy sit up from his slouched position.

"Astrid, I can't just move on!" Hiccup exclaimed in annoyed tone and glared at her. The blonde frowned at him and let out an exasperated sigh.

"That's not what I'm saying!" Astrid replied and crossed her arms over her chest. "Then what are you saying?!" He asked in a louder voice.

"That Toothless doesn't make you Hiccup! I've been trying to tell you this for so long! You are still Hiccup!" Astrid said loudly and he abruptly stood up.

"You don't understand, okay?!? Toothless has been there for me from the very start! Before you!" Hiccup shouted, making Astrid glare at him and tears gather in her eyes.

"Make me understand then! I'm still your best friend for 6 years and betrothed for 3!" She yelled back and he groan in frustration.

"YOU CAN'T AND AREN'T! YOU AREN'T TOOTHLESS! TOOTHLESS WAS MY BEST FRIEND! HE'S MADE ME WHAT I AM! HE'S WHY WE ARE HERE! HE'S EVERYTHING!" Hiccup shouted loudly at her and Astrid felt a tear slip down her cheek, her heart breaking at what he said.

"Fine" She spat and ran out of their hut, into light rain. Tears running down her cheeks, she ran into the forest so that no one could see her and slumped up by a tree. She sobbed softly into her hands, the rain drenching her even more.

'You aren't Toothless! You can't understand!' Hiccup's voice echoed into her head, making her sob even harder. After all these years together, she thought....

BOOM!

Lightning struck at the seas and thunder made Astrid jump. She looked at her surroundings and she could hardly see anything. She made herself stand up and hugged herself while walking to the nearest place she could go.

Astrid made her way to Valka's hut and knocked on her door. She shivered as a gust of wind passed by and made her even more cold.

"Astrid?" Valka exclaimed when she opened the door and saw the shivering girl. "Come! Quickly!" She said and ushered her inside the hut.

"T-thank y-you" Astrid stuttered out, sniffling and sitting by the fire place. Valka covered her with a fur blanket and patted her hair as she continued to cry softly.

"Fight?" Valka asked her and gave a sympathetic smile to the girl. Astrid let out a choked sob and nodded.

"It was s-so bad" She whispered and Valka rubbed her back comfortingly. "You can tell me. It's okay, dear" Valka told her and Astrid leaned against the woman. In the past year, Valka had become like a second mother to Astrid and was always so supportive of her.