Only One For Me Part II

Hi guys! Something a little lighter than the first part! Enjoy!

———————

It was another miserable day and Hiccup was forced to spend it with Erica. She sat with the gang at their table, sitting in Astrid's spot and jabbering on and on about something.

Hiccup felt his heart ache thinking of Astrid. He hadn't seen her for a whole month and it hurt him so much that she was cutting everyone else off because of him.

Everyone else sitting at the table was silent, refusing to talk or listen to the brunette girl that was making their friends' lives miserable. They saw how sad it made Hiccup and by how Astrid never left her room, they knew she was too.

"-what do you think, babe?" Erica asked Hiccup, touching his hand. He immediately recoiled to her touch and scowled at her.

"You cannot call me 'babe'. That's reserved for someone else who is definitely not you." Hiccup told her, glaring hard at her mentioning Astrid's pet name for him.

Erica scoffed and shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest. "Ugh! Just forget about that sleazy girl, I'm so much better than her" She said, making Hiccup even angrier.

"Sleazy? Better than her? Don't you dare call Astrid that!" He yelled loudly and stood up, getting the attention of everyone else in the Hall.

"Well she is! She just stood there frozen like the pathetic person she is." Erica retorted and shrugged as Hiccup glared at her harder.

'How dare this brat tell Astrid all those things?! Is this why she's hiding?' Hiccup asked himself, feeling his fists clench.

"What else did you tell her?" He hissed behind clenched teeth. She rolled her eyes and narrowed her eyes at him.

"How she's basically nothing compared to me and told her to just hide her face" Erica told him, causing Hiccup's jaw to harden and shouts of protest erupt from all over the room. Everyone glared at the girl for insulting one of their own, especially Hiccup.

"You're disgusting and I never wanna see your face again" Hiccup said angrily and rushed out of the Hall, leaving the girl sitting at the table.

"Whatever" Erica said, rolling her eyes and continuing to eat her food. The rest of the gang and Berkians glared at her, making her scoff at them and walk away too.

When she reached the door and pulled it open, a bucket of slime fell down on her head and she shrieked loudly.

"EW! GROSS! WHAT IS THIS?!" She screamed, trying to get the green goo off her. Everyone in the room tried their best not to laugh, some failing and snickering.

"Yeah!" The twins exclaimed and gave each other a high-five, grinning widely. "Serves her right" Snotlout muttered while Fishlegs giggled uncontrollably

•••

Hiccup rushed over to Astrid's house was empty from her family being at the Great Hall, almost ready to kill Erica with everything she said.

He ran up the stairs to her room and leaned down to pick the lock on her door. For the past month, he respected her space and privacy, not wanting to force her.

But now, knowing all the cruel things that Erica had told her and how it was eating Astrid up inside, he had to talk to her. He had to see her.

The door swung open easily and Hiccup stepped inside, looking around. His eyes landed on her figure by the window sill and she looked at him with wide blue eyes.