I Love You

Hi guys! Another modern AU! Above is Astrid's dress and she's in her side braid in HTTYD2

Hi guys! Another modern AU! Above is Astrid's dress and she's in her side braid in HTTYD2. The picture isn't mine.

Happens when Hiccstrid is 18 and in high school at their prom. Enjoy!

———————

Astrid looked around her and saw so many people dancing and talking. The music played loudly another beat while she and Hiccup sat down by their table.

Hiccup and Astrid have been dating for nearly a year now, but were best friends ever since they were 15. Being both 18, now it was their senior prom and they would be graduating from High school in a month.

Both of them would be going to the same college with all of their closest friends. Hiccup was majoring in engineering and Astrid in sports science.

Then, she felt a hand on top of hers and turned to Hiccup who was smiling at her. He looked around briefly and started to stand up, making Astrid frown slightly.

"Hicc, where are we going?" Astrid asked him as he pulled her up from her chair and led her to the side door of the room.

"Just trust me" Hiccup replied and quickly opened the door, stepping out into the somewhat colder night. Astrid chuckled and glanced back at the prom, shaking her head and joining him.

Hiccup closed the door behind her and it was quiet, only the soft sound of the music was heard while they stood outside. Astrid glanced over at Hiccup and raised an eyebrow at him questioningly.

"Well, it's pretty loud in there and here it's quiet" Hiccup explained and grinned at her, looking around at the peaceful school garden around them.

Astrid hummed in agreement and took his hand as they continued to walk around the garden. The moonlight reflected onto the small pond, making the water sparkle as well as the flowers and plants.

"Plus, the twins aren't here trying to stuff as many shrimps in their mouths" Hiccup added, making the both of them chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tuffnut's allergic that stuff but he denies it and says, and I quote" Astrid started and cleared her throat to make her impression of their friend.

"That sea thingy can't take down a god like me!" She said in her mocking impression of Tuffnut and they laughed.

"Let's hope they remember that 911 is the emergency number" Hiccup said and Astrid nodded. Suddenly, a gust of wind passed by, causing Astrid to shiver.

Hiccup glanced at her and frowned when he saw her shivering. "Oh, here" He said and took of his jacket.

"Hiccup, it's okay" Astrid tried to say, but Hiccup already placed the jacket around her shoulders. She chuckled and grinned, shaking her head.

"What?" He asked, a grin forming on his face when he saw her smile. She looked back up at him and he felt his heart flutter at the sight of her.

"You're a knucklehead, you know?" She told him and he rolled his eyes playfully. "Yes, m'lady. I've been told by you a million times" He replied and smiled at her.

"Good" Astrid said and they both turned to each other, smiling. Then, they heard the music change to a slow song and glanced back at each other.

"Wanna dance?" Hiccup asked her and offered a hand. Astrid cocked an eyebrow at him and he grinned knowingly.

"Just me and you. Nobody else is out here" He pressed and gestured to the empty garden. Astrid glanced to their sides and back to her boyfriend.

"I guess" Astrid gave in and took his hand, placing the other on his shoulder and breaking into a small smile. Hiccup chuckled and placed a hand on her waist, leading the dance.

Astrid and Hiccup laughed softly as he twirled her around and they continued to dance to the soft music playing the background.

She sighed softly in content and leaned her head on his chest. He smiled and rested his head on hers, feeling his heart beat along with hers.

"Astrid, I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now. And again, I've waited for the perfect moment" Hiccup started and she pulled back with a confused smile. He let out a deep breath and looked into her blue eyes.

"I love you" He admitted and she saw her smile widen. "I love you too" She said back to him and they both leaned in and kissed each other passionately, glad that they got to say it and they loved them back.

"Way better than back inside" Astrid whispered as they pulled apart with their forehead still touching and smile brightly at each other.

At a garden, under the stars and night sky, in each other's arms, Hiccup and Astrid finally said the three words they meant with everything they had. I Love You.