Right Girl

Hi guys! This is only Snotstrid FRIENDSHIP, guys. It's Hiccstrid all the way 🤩

Happens during S6 of RTTE when Hiccstrid is betrothed. Enjoy!

———————

It was another normal Friday afternoon at the Edge and the gang was hanging out by the Clubhouse. Astrid had checked on the dragons earlier, so she was on her way back.

She walked into the Clubhouse and heard laughter echo through out the room, making her smile as she recognized one distinct laugh.

Hiccup sat on crate with the rest of the gang scattered across the room on chairs and the table. She stepped in and saw a grin on his face as he looked at her.

"Hey" Astrid greeted and sat beside him on the crate, smiling brightly. He smiled back and she felt her heart flutter. She nudged him playfully, making him chuckle and shake his head.

"Hey, m'lady" Hiccup greeted and kissed her cheek, making her blush lightly. The twins pretended to gag and Fishlegs and Heather squealed while Snotlout clenched his fists.

"'Lout, you okay?" Hiccup quickly asked, frowning at his cousin's anger. Snotlout huffed angrily and stomped out, making everyone frown.

"I'll talk to him" Astrid said, putting a hand on Hiccup's shoulder and giving him a small smile. He nodded and she quickly kissed him on the lips before following her friend out the room.

"Snotlout!" She called out, following him down to the stables. Snotlout groaned in frustration and turned around with his arms crossed.

"What?" Snotlout asked her in an annoyed tone and she put a hand on her hip. "What happened in there?" Astrid asked him, frowning deeply.

The boy groaned and shook his head. "You and Hiccup being so... lovey and coupley" Snotlout told her with a disgusted face.

Astrid frowned, knowing that this time was different from other times. He was actually annoyed this time and seemed genuinely saddened.

"Snot. Do you- do you seriously like me-?" She began but Snotlout's eyes widened and he shook his head furiously.

"Gods, no. All that flirting was just because I wanted everything a hero had or whatever. I never actually liked you" Snotlout interrupted, making Astrid sigh in relief and quickly raise an eyebrow.

"Then what is it?" She asked and he threw his hands in the air. "I don't know! I was just... jealous all of a sudden" He answered in confusion.

"Are you jealous of Hiccup then?" Astrid asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Snotlout shook his head and shrugged.

"Pfftt, obviously. But I've only felt it from when you guys started dating" He told her, making Astrid's eyes light up.

"You're jealous of our relationship!" Astrid exclaimed with a smile on her face, making Snotlout frown and gape at her.

"No! I am not!" He denied, glaring at her, and she grinned wider. "Yes! Come on, Snot" She urged him and he rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Fine! Maybe I am. It's just that... you guys are so close and we can all see how much you love each other and... I-i want that" Snotlout confessed, looking down at his feet.

"Snotlout... you will." Astrid told him, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving him and encouraging smile.

"You'll find a viking girl that loves you as much as Hiccup and I love each other and you'll open up to her. You'll have that closeness, trust me."

"You might not know at first, but the right girl is right around the corner" Astrid continued, making Snotlout smile at her gratefully and nodded.

"Thanks, Ast" Snotlout thanked her and she grinned. "Maybe, the right girl is closer than you think" He told her suggestively and raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh" Astrid gagged in disgust and took off her hand from his shoulder. "Wrong girl" She told him and rolled her eyes at him before walking away.

When she got back, Hiccup's eyes immediately fell on hers and he looked at her in concern. "What happened? Was he okay?" He asked her and she smiled in reply.

"Now he is" Astrid said and sat beside him, slightly leaning on Hiccup. The auburn haired boy smiled back and slid his hand around her waist.

Snotlout came in a few minutes later and sat down at the seat by the table, joining the conversation. While everyone was talking, Ruffnut glanced at Snotlout and nudged him with her foot since she was sitting on the table.

"You okay, Snotman?" She asked and he shrugged, giving her a small smile. "When is 'the Snotman' not okay?" He replied and she grinned back.

"Why?" He quickly asked and raised an eyebrow, making Ruffnut blush lightly. "Just checkin', you know" She answered and bit the inside of her cheek nervously.

Astrid, looking at Ruffnut and Snotlout, raised an eyebrow and grinned. Maybe Snotlout was finally right in all his life. The right girl was closer than she thought.