Astrid and Zephyr

Hi guys! For all the people who requested, your requests are still being made! If I replied that means, it's in progress 😊 ( I usually reply by the next 3 hours, hehe). It just takes a while to write all of them.

I love Astrid being a mom so much ❤️! Anyways, here's the oneshot! Enjoy!

———————

"Mommy, mommy, wake up!" A voice shouted and Astrid felt the bed moving. She opened her eyes to see her 5 year old Zephyr jumping up and down on her and Hiccup's bed.

Hiccup was going to a tribe meeting and brought Nuffink with him since he wanted to go. Back on Berk, Astrid and Zephyr were going to spend the day together.

Astrid yawned loudly and sat up from the bed, smiling at Zephyr. Her daughter smiled back and jumped onto her lap, making Astrid laugh softly.

"Good morning, mommy!" Zephyr greeted and kiss her mother on the cheek. Astrid chuckled and rubbed her nose against hers.

"Good morning, Zeph" She greeted back and made her giggle. Suddenly, Astrid began tickling Zephyr and she squirmed in her arms.

"Ahhhh! Stop! Pleaseee!" She squealed and giggled loudly as Astrid continued to tickled her and laugh at her daughter's reaction.

After a second passed, Astrid stopped tickling Zephyr and she panted heavily. The small child crossed her arms and pouted cutely at her mother.

"Love you" Astrid told her and kissed her forehead, grinning. She stood up and walked to the closet where her brush was on. She took it and began brushing her hair, humming a familiar tune.

Zephyr smiled from the bed and listened to her mother's song intently. She had heard this song many times, but never really knew where it came from.

"Mommy? What is this song?" Zephyr asked and lied down with her stomach on the bed, her elbows propping her up. Astrid grinned and stopped humming the song.

"It's a betrothal song, sweetie" She answered and turned to face her child. Zephyr's face turned into a questioning frown and she tilted her head.

"What's a betrothal?" Zephyr asked and Astrid sat down on the bed once again, starting to brush her daughter's long auburn hair.

"It's when two people fall in love and decide to spend forever with each other" Astrid explained and Zephyr nodded.

"Forever is a looong time" Zephyr commented and Astrid chuckled.

"Sometimes, forever isn't even enough when you're with the person you love." She said, smiling happily and then frowning as she realized what she said.

"Gods, don't tell your father I said that. That was way to cheesy and he will never let me forget it." Astrid quickly added and rolled her eyes, thinking of her husband's reaction. Zephyr giggled and nodded, another little secret between them.

"So, you and daddy are going to be together forever? That's sweet!" She told her mother who grinned at her. If her daughter was a romantic, she would definitely take after Hiccup.

'"It just needed to be perfect", oh. My. Gods. So, you waited three years? Very effective, babe' Astrid thought sarcastically in her head, thinking back to when they first got together.

"Can you sing the song again, mommy?" Zephyr asked and Astrid nodded, smiling.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With never a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me

No scorching sun, nor freezing cold
Will stop me on my journey
If you will promise me your heart
And love me for eternity" Astrid sang softly and started braiding her daughter's hair. Zephyr closed her eyes and smiled in delight at her mother's song.

"My dearest one, my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me
But I've no need for mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me" She continued singing and finished off Zephyr's hair. Zephyr immediately stood up on the bed and took her mother's hand, beginning to dance playfully. Astrid grinned while she stood up and twirled her child in the air.

"But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry
And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me" Zephyr started singing while they danced around the room, laughing as one of them fell.

"I have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold
I only want you near me" Zephyr continued, making Astrid smile at how much she knew the song. They had been singing it too many times to count and have been since before she was born.

"To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows and delights
I'll keep your laugh inside me
I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With ne'er a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me" Mother and daughter sang together happily, at end laughing happily. Zephyr ran over and gave Astrid a big hug. Astrid smiled and hugged her back tightly.

"Okay, okay. We need to dress up so we can go to the cliff and eat breakfast" Astrid told her daughter and pulled back, smiling. Zephyr nodded excitedly and left the room to change.

Once both of them were ready, Astrid took the picnic basket they had prepared the night before and they walked hand-in-hand to their favorite breakfast place.

"Mommy, where did you find this place?" Zephyr asked, skipping alongside her mother through the village. Zephyr smiled happily at anyone who said 'hello' and waived.

"It's a special place for all of us. We'll tell you when you're older" Astrid said and gave Zephyr a small smile as they made their way to the cliff. Astrid sat down and opened the basket while Zephyr playfully ran around.

"Here, Zeph" Astrid called out to her daughter and passed her a sandwhich. Zephyr smiled and sat down next to her mother.

"Yummy!" She told her happily and Astrid laughed. "It's one of the only things that I can make and not apparently kill someone" Astrid commented, scoffing as she quoted Hiccup.

"Why are you and daddy always teasing each other? I thought you loved each other" Zephyr asked, frowning a little. Astrid smiled brightly at her daughter. She always had so many questions, a curious littel girl.

"We do love each other. It's playful teasing. Its how we show our love. But we don't always tease each other" Astrid answered, chuckling softly. Zephyr hummed and nodded.

"You'll know when you're older" Astrid teased her daughter, making her frown playfully at her mother.

"Why is it always when I'm older?" Zephyr complained and took a big bite of her sanwhich.

"Because that's when you're wiser. Hopefully, we'll get time like this when you're older, so I can tell you" Astrid said, making her daughter smile widely and nod.

"Yes! I love spending time with you, mommy!" Zephyr exclaimed with a full mouth, making Astrid chuckle.

From when she was younger to older, she always loved spending time with Astrid. It's one of the things that never change. Mommy and daughter. Astrid and Zephyr.