Feelings

Hi guys! I don't know how I made this into one chapter, but here!

AU where they look like how they are in RTTE, but nothing in HTTYD happened. So, no dragons and Hiccup is still bullied. Enjoy!

———————

"Guys, knock it off" Astrid told the twins, who were currently wrestling on the ground. Then, a hand wrapped around her shoulders and she turned to see Snotlout looking at her.

"Yeah, don't disappoint my future wife!" He told the twins and Astrid glared at him hard before elbowing him in the stomach.

"Future wife who hates you" Fishlegs mumbled as Snotlout sat back down beside him and Astrid sat down opposite from them.

"Definitely not your future wife" She grumbled under her breath and started to sharpen her axe with a stone. Fishlegs and Snotlout carried on a conversation while the twins began wrestling on the floor again, Astrid just chilling there.

"Oh look here!" Snotlout suddenly said and stood up, smirking at someone. Astrid turned her head and saw Hiccup passing by them.

"It's my fishbone of a cousin" He said, walking closer to the auburn haired boy and narrowing his eyes. Hiccup rolled his eyes at Snotlout and shook his head.

"Shut up, Snotlout" He replied through clenched teeth, making Snotlout scoff.

"Or what? Little person?" Snotlout taunted, making Hiccup's fists clench. Astrid watched from her seat, eyeing the two carefully.

This was usually the time where Hiccup would back off or walk away, but oh no. It turned out to be a very different day.

Hiccup glared at the boy before him and punched him in the jaw. Hard. His cousin groaned in pain and stepped back with his jaw in his hands.

Astrid's eyes widened in surprise as she saw Hiccup block the punch Snotlout threw at him and knock him down. She between Hiccup and the moaning Snotlout with an amused smile on her face.

"Owwie!" Snotlout whined as the twins and Fishlegs took him to Gothi and Hiccup watched him with a small smile on his face. Astrid looked up at him and felt something inside her while she looked into his green eyes.

'I must be really impressed' She convinced herself and pushed all her other thoughts away.

"That was a fight there, Hiccup" Astrid said, getting his attention and making him look over at her. She saw a small blush on his face and he shrugged at her.

"I had enough with his stupid teasing" He replied and Astrid stood up, putting down the stone.

"I mean it. With training, you could be a good fighter" She told him, a smile uncontrollably tugging on her lips. He smiled back and she felt her heart tug slightly. She convinced herself it was because she was interested on how he got that good.

"Thanks" Hiccup replied and Astrid nodded. "You know, I.. could train you" She suggested, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Really?" He asked with a confused face and Astrid chuckled slightly, nodding to confirm it.

"Yeah. I always wanted to have an apprentice or something" She said, making him grin.

"Sure. I gotta go now though" Hiccup answered her and waived a goodbye before walking away from Astrid.

The blonde sighed softly and turned back to her seat with a smile. From weak to being able to fight Snotlout to the ground, Hiccup had grown a lot.