Be You

Hi guys! Sorry for the late updates, lots of things have been happening around here 😊

Leila is cute name that I thought fitted. Hiccstrid is 43, Zephyr is 19, Nuffink and Leila are 17. Enjoy!

———————

"Tuffnut, come on. You're really not going to stop pranking people?" Astrid groaned frustratedly and tried to dry her wet hair.

"You can't change me!" Tuffnut replied and shrugged as Astrid shot him a glare. Hiccup placed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her from walking over to him.

"Ummm, maybe we should avoid violence seeing as, you know. We're all in our forties" Hiccup said, narrowing his eyes at Tuffnut while he mentioned their age.

"Okay, I'm gonna go home and change" Astrid muttered and waived bye to her friends. Hiccup chuckled and followed her as well.

"Hiccup and Astrid. Tied at the hip and in holy matrimony" Heather commented, seeing Hiccup open the door for his wife and Astrid giving him a smile and a kiss on the cheek.

"They're not the only ones" Fishlegs added, making her smile. In the past few years, the gang had settled down and had families of their own. Heather and Fishelgs, Snotlout and Ruffnut, Tuffnut and a lady named Rose, and of course Hiccup and Astrid.

Then, laughter interrupted their conversation and they heard footsteps getting closer. They turned their heads and saw Nuffink and Laila, Snotlout and Ruffnut's daughter.

"Hey, look! It's Lai!" Snotlout exclaimed with a bright smile, calling her daughter by her nickname, and waived frantically at her.

"Lail-!" Snotlout tried to call out but was interrupted by their loud laughter.
"Nuff, that's stupid!" Leila exclaimed, nudging him with her shoulder as they laughed happily.

"I know, that's why I did it!" Nuffink said back, making them both chuckle. The girl, now they could recognize as his friend, Laila Jorgenson. Yes, Snotlout and Ruffnut's daughter.

"Thor, I forgot, I have to help out my sister. See you soon" Laila told him and smiled brightly before walking out. Nuffink smiled back and sighed as he watched her retreating figure.

He turned around to see his parents' friends, making his eyes go wide. Especially at the sight of Snotlout's annoyed stance at him.

"Uhh, h-hey guys!" Nuffink stuttered out and gave them a nervous smile as they grinned at him.

"She didn't even notice me! I'm her dad, yet she notices fishbone's son?" Snotlout complained, making Nuffink's cheeks go pink.

"So, is my daughter gonna be the chieftess or what?" Ruffnut asked, leaning against the table her husband sat at. Nuffink blushed even harder and shook his head.

"We're just really close friends. And still, isn't Zephyr becoming chieftess?" The Haddock boy answered, raising an eyebrow and mentioning his 20 year old sister.

"Ehh, I heard her cough this morning. You never know..." Ruffnut dragged on and shrugged at him, making him frown.

"You know, if you need help to make her your chieftess... not to brag, but I practically made your parents a couple" Heather told him, grinning as she remembered teasing Astrid about her relationship with the dragon rider.

"Uh-uh! I made them a couple with all my great marriage advice. She'll be your chieftess with my help!" Tuffnut chimed in, shaking his head and draping an arm around Nuffink's shoulders.