Hanging Off A Cliff Part II

Hi guys! I'm still working on the rest of request, so please bear with me 😊

Anyways, after many request for a second part, here it is! Enjoy!

———————

"No!" Astrid breathed, tears running down her face and shaking her head as she stared down at the crashing waves.

He was gone. Really gone.

Her heart broke in the realization and she fell apart. Sobbing and crying loudly, she held tightly onto the branch that kept her up.

"Hiccup!" She cried out loudly and a sob followed after. She couldn't take it. Hiccup being gone from her life, his laugh, his smile, his voice, his face, all of him being gone from her life was just too hard to take.

In fact, she couldn't take it. She couldn't believe it.

"HICCUP!" Astrid shouted loudly at the sea below her, desperately trying to find for any sign that her betrothed was alive.

"HICCUP!" She screamed again, tears running rapidly down her face. Even if hunters would find her, she didn't care. All she needed was for him to come back. For him to take her hand again. For him to be here with her.

•••

"HICCUP!" Astrid called out into her dark and empty room, sitting up from her bed and panting heavily. She let out a soft sob and curled her legs up to her chest, crying into her knees.

"Just a dream, Astrid. Just a dream" She muttered to herself in between her cries, trying her best to convince herself that he was alive.

"He is alive! He's fine!" Astrid told herself, her voice cracking at the end with uncertainty. She bit her lip to stop from sobbing uncontrollably again and jumped out of her bed.

She ran down the stairs of her house, not waking anyone up and rushing outside into the dark night. She looked around at the peaceful village and made her way to Hiccup's house.

While walking over to his house, she heard noises from inside the forest that sent chills down her spine. Her eyes landed on a bush that rustled and she slowly crept towards it.

Astrid kept her footsteps light and steady as she approached the bush, once she was there she quickly looked behind it and saw nothing.

Then, another noise came from behind her and she stiffened, slowly turning around. A large figure faced her, eyes bright red and glaring at her.

Her eyes widened and she stumbled backwards, trying get her axe strapped to her and realizing she had left it at home. She cursed herself and quickly ran away from the figure, hoping that she was faster.

Astrid ran away quickly and she heard it chase after her. Her heart beating a million miles per second, she turned her head and saw the figure catching up with her.

She frowned with worry and looked back in front, gasping at the sight. Instead of more trees and forest, she saw a familiar blank sky and seas. She was back at the cliff.

Not being able to stop quickly enough, Astrid fell down from the cliff and cried out loudly. Soon, her arms found her way around branch and she held it tightly.

Astrid looked up and saw the figure look over to her and walk away. She sighed in relief and frowned again at her situation.

She looked down and saw the waves crashing by the rocks. But what she didn't see made her the happiest. Hiccup wasn't there.