A Good Team

Hi guys! This happens during King of Dragons Part II! AU, if Toothless turns on Hiccup because of the king. Enjoy!

———————

"You never cease to amaze me, bud. You know that right?" Hiccup told Toothless, petting his head gently. The dragon warbled happily in reply and helped his rider get up.

Hiccup placed his arm around the Night fury, leaning on him to stand. "Thanks, Toothless. I'm just tired from fighting and, you know, hanging to my death" He said dryly.

Out of no where, Toothless' pupils turned into slits and he abruptly stood up straight. Hiccup fell to the ground again with an 'oof' and frowned.

"Toothless?" He called and the dragon turned to face him with a growl. Hiccup's eyes widened in fear and he backed away slowly, the egg in his arms.

"Bud?" He called again, holding a hand out to Toothless who was crawling nearer to him. Suddenly, the ground started to rumble and the King of dragons emerged from the ravine.

"Woah" Hiccup whispered softly in amazement at the dragon and slowly backed away even more. Then, the King of dragons opened his mouth to shoot an ice blast.

"WOAH!" Hiccup exclaimed this time, scrambling behind a rock and hiding from the blast. He heaved from his place and looked back up to see Toothless approaching him.

"Oh no" He muttered, moving backwards again and frowning as the two dragons looked at him.

•••

Astrid jumped off her dragon and walked over to the cave, her friends and their dragons following after her.

She looked inside to see many different entrances and turned to the gang with a determined face.

"Okay, we'll all go inside and split up to cover more ground. Dragon call if you find anything" Astrid told them and they all nodded. As they entered the cave, their dragons suddenly started to back away, shaking their heads and warbling.

"Stormfly?" Astrid called out to her dragon, stroking her head comfortingly and backing out of the cave as well. Once they were out of the cave again, the dragons started calming down.

Astrid frowned and glanced back and forth between the cave and her Deadly Nadder. "Okay, girl, you need to stay here" She said to her dragon and Stormfly squawked back.

"I think the king of dragons is telling them to stay away" Fishlegs guessed and the rest of the gang frowned.

"Why? Can't it see we are nobly trying to save his dragon behind?" Tuffnut asked, making Astrid roll her eyes and Fishlegs shake his head.

"He doesn't know that. He probably can't tell us apart from the fliers like the Dramilion" Fishelgs replied.

"Aww, that sucks" Ruffnut mumbled under her breath while Astrid's eyes widened in horror. "But wait, if he can't tell us apart and Hiccup's in there with Toothless. Oh no" Astrid realized.

"Who knows what the king will make Toothless do?" Heather added and Astrid nodded, a concern showing on her face.

"Follow the plan" She reminded them and quickly turned around, rushing into the cave. "Hiccup!" She called as she ran further inside the cave, her friends behind her.

•••

"Uhhh, bud! It's me! It's Hiccup!" Hiccup told his dragon, backing away on the floor since he didn't have enough energy to stand.

Toothless growled angrily at him and snapped forward. "WOAH! Okay, okay" Hiccup yelped, rolling away and gulping.

"HICCUP!" Astrid's muffled voice said from afar and his eyes lit up. "Astrid" He breathed in recognition and Toothless looked to where the sound came from.