It Just Does

Hi guys! This happens the night after the Epilogue in HTTYD3! Hiccstrid is 30, Zephyr is 6, and Nuffink is 4. Enjoy!

———————

"-And we went WOOSH!" Nuffink said, smiling excitedly and jumping up and down.

"We were flying!" Zephyr added, grinning widely as she told the story to her father. Hiccup laughed and nodded at his two children.

"I know, I know. Now, you guys have to get dressed for bed before mommy comes home" Hiccup told them and they giggled, running towards their rooms with their arms extended like wings.

Hiccup sighed happily as he watched his children. Today, they finally saw their dragons again and had ride on their backs. He had his wife, his children, his tribe was going great, and he reunited with his best friend again. How can life get any better?

He turned his head as he heard the door open and smiled at his wife. Astrid smiled back at him, but he could tell that something was different.

"What's wrong?" Hiccup asked worriedly and she chuckled, knowing that she couldn't hide anything from him. She plopped down on the couch beside him and looked nervously at him.

"Astrid?" Hiccup called out worriedly and took her hands in his. She looked down at their laced hands and lightly rubbed her thumb across his wedding ring.

"I'm pregnant" Astrid finally told him, looking up to see his shocked face. She frowned anxiously and sighed, looking away.

"I know this wasn't planned or anything, but please don't be mad. We'll get through this-" Astrid continued until Hiccup shook his head to clear his thoughts and focused back on her.

"Mad? You think I'm mad?" Hiccup asked in disbelief and Astrid bit her lip. He placed a hand on her cheek and made her look at him.

"Astrid, I-i'm not-oh. Come here!" He started, but then just smiled brightly and hugged her. Astrid sighed in relief and hugged him back tightly.

"I couldn't be mad, m'lady. This is amazing news. Another little Haddock" Hiccup told her as they pulled away. Astrid smiled happily at her husband and leaned in to kiss him deeply.

"I love you" Astrid said to him after they pulled away with their forehead still touching and eyes still closed.

"I love you too" Hiccup replied and felt so much happiness. His life was already so amazing, but with another baby on the way, it just got so much better.

"I am so excited for this, Astrid" He told her and pulled her into another hug. She laughed softly and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Okay daddy, we're dressed now!" Zephyr announced, running into the room with Nuffink following her. Astrid and Hiccup pulled away and grinned at each other before looking at their children.

"Hi mommy!" Nuffink greeted and the two small Haddocks ran over to their parents. He jumped into her mother's arms and Zephyr into her father's, both giggling.

"Hi sweetie" Astrid greeted back and kissed his nose lovingly. She leaned forward and her daughter kissed her cheek, smiling.

Hiccup watched as the scene in front of him unfolded, grinning widely. Astrid, his wife and true love, and his children, the lights of his life, interacting like this was so amazing to him.

Astrid glanced up at her husband and he nodded encouragingly. She smiled back at her children and held her son tightly.

"Mommy has something to say" Hiccup told Zephyr and Nuffink who quieted down and listened to their mother.

"You're gonna another little brother or sister" Astrid stated happily and saw her children's faces light up.

"Where?!" Nuffink asked, standing up and looking around the house. Hiccup and Astrid laughed and the mother made her son sit down again.

"In here" She said, pointing to her stomach. Both Zephyr and Nuffink gasped and the boy jumped out of her mother's lap to the floor.

"Mommy! I might squish them!" The small blonde exclaimed worriedly and looked at her stomach. His parents laughed again and shook their head.

"Remember when Nuffink was in your mommy's belly?" Hiccup asked Zephyr who smiled and nodded.

"Mommy grew fat!" Zephyr commented, making Hiccup snigger, but shut up when Astrid sent him a glare.

"Nuff, it's okay. You won't squish them." Astrid cooed as Nuffink hesitantly crawled back onto her lap.

"I'm excited mommy!" Zephyr told her, smiling and Astrid grinned. Hiccup chuckled softly and kissed his daughter's forehead.

"We all are" He told her and grinned back at his wife. He looked around at his happy family and felt his heart soar with happiness.

'How can life get any better?' He asked himself earlier. Well, now he had answer. When you're with the people you love, it just does.