Sorry

Hi guys! Angst coming up! Sorry for updating so late, I have a lot of things to do (eating food and watching B99, 1/2jk)

For the person who made the request, sorry if it's not exactly what you wanted. I asked you but you never replied so I tried my best 😊

Happens after HTTYD2 when Hiccup is chief. Enjoy!

-------

Astrid looked at the doorknob nervously, deciding if she was going to try and coax Hiccup out of his study to eat. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath before swinging the door open.

"Hiccup?" She called out, stepping into the dark room, only the light from the window and a small candle illuminated it.

Her eyes landed on his hunched over figure, sitting by his desk with a pile of papers beside him. He had bags under his eyes and he grumbled softly under his breath.

"Hicc?" Astrid called out again, closing the door behind her and walking over to him.

"Go away, Astrid" Hiccup growled in a low voice, making the girl recoil in shock. He had never used a voice like that on her. Ever.

"You need to eat, babe. You've been in here for three days!" Astrid argued back firmly and he let out a frustrated groan.

"I have things to do" He replied, not looking at her and continuing to go through the pile of papers. Astrid exhaled sharply and shook her head.

"Hiccup, you need to-" Astrid started and placed a hand on his shoulder, only to be cut off by him grabbing her shoulders and pushing her back.

"I SAID GO! I NEED TO DO THIS! CAN't YOU UNDERSTAND?!" Hiccup yelled at her angrily and slammed her body against the door. Astrid's eyes widened in fear and she felt tears gather in them.

She looked at Hiccup's face and couldn't even believe that it was him. He was mad at her. He hurt her. This wasn't Hiccup.

"GO! I DON'T NEED YOU!" He shouted and shook her shoulders violently, making the tears fall from her eyes.

"I HAVE TO BE A CHIEF AND DO ALL THIS WORK SO I DON'T NEED YOU BEING STUPID AND BOTHERING ME!" Hiccup screamed at her and Astrid let out a loud sob, shaking her head.

"P-please let me go" She whispered softly with tears running down her face as she sobbed softly. Hiccup blinked at her terrified face and stepped back, letting her go.

Astrid slumped to the ground, shoulders shaking from how hard she was sobbing. She was so scared. She never expected that her Hiccup would do something like that.

Hiccup stood still for a moment, looking at what he had done, and his eyes widened in horror. His jaw hung open in shock and he choked back a sob.

"Oh my Thor" He whispered under his breath, shaking his head and feeling tears roll down his cheeks.

"A-astrid, I am so sorry-" He apologized, kneeling down and trying to touch her but she backed away, crying harder.

"NO! P-please! Do-don't hu-hurt me!" She exclaimed, curling into a ball and hiding her face from him. Hiccup felt his heart break into a million pieces as he heard this and sobbed softly.

"I'm so so sorry, i-i don't kn-know what happened!" He tried to explain in between cries and tried to move closer to her. She sobbed into her knees and shook her head, still afraid of him.

Both of their hearts were broken. Astrid's because the love of her life just hurt her when he promised he wouldn't. Hiccup's because he hurt love of his life and now she was scared of him.

"M'lady, please" Hiccup begged, kneeling right in front of her and crying hard. She sobbed lightly and slowly looked up at him.

His usual bright green eyes were back and they desperately pleaded for her to not be afraid of him. Her glassy blue eyes stared back at him and she recognized him once again.

It was no longer the angry person who hurt her. It was Hiccup. Her Hiccup who would never dare hurt a hair on her head. Her Hiccup who was incredibly stressed but loved her with everything he had and always would.

"That wasn't me. I am so sorry" Hiccup told her, pleadingly and his voice cracking at the end. She sniffled lightly and felt into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I forgive you" She mumbled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her and let out a sob. He rocked her back and forth, both of them still crying softly.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry" Hiccup kept muttering to her and kissed the top of her head lovingly. Astrid sighed softly and nodded, nuzzling her head into his neck.

"I-i don't deserve you" He told her firmly, pulling back and cupping her face in his hands. Astrid stared back at him and felt her heart flutter when he looked at her as if she was the most precious thing in the world.

"I don't care" She cried, a smile forming on her face as she looked back at her betrothed with loving eyes. His heart soared with love when he smiled back and they leaned in to kiss each other deeply.

They kissed each other lovingly, a promise that they would be with each other no matter what. That he would never hurt her. That she would forgive. That they would love each other so much that it began to hurt.

They pulled apart, panting heavily for air and staring into each other's eyes. Hiccup let out a breath and kissed her briefly again.

"I swear to the gods, I love you so much. I would never hurt you like that. I'm so sorry, Astrid" He said to her desperately, his eyes filled with unshed tears.

"I forgive you. I'll always forgive you. I love you too, Hiccup" She replied and placed a hand on his hands on her cheek, smiling at him. He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against hers, sighing deeply.

Hiccup couldn't forgive himself for what he had done, but Astrid did. And he sweared to himself that he would do something good enough to be able to deserve a Valkyrie like her.