Something Unique

Hi guys! Something light and happy! Happens before HTTYD3, enjoy!

———————

It was a calm morning on Berk and for once it was quiet and peaceful. Berkians chatted with their friends and family, eating their breakfast until the doors burst open and...

"Astrid, I said I was sorry!" Hiccup called after the girl who stomped ahead of him. Astrid scoffed and continued walking, shaking her head at him.

"Do not talk to me!" Astrid said back, going towards their table at the end of the Hall. Hiccups sighed softly and continued to follow her.

Berkians silently laughed at the couple's attitude and raised their eyebrows at the loudness of their voices.

Behind Hiccup and Astrid, the rest of the gang followed, looking more tired than ever. Fishlegs rubbed his ear, as if trying to get something out and Snotlout shook his head.

"Yeesh, what did the boy do now?" Gobber asked as they sat down at the table. Astrid slammed her tray down on the table and crossed her arms.

"What did he do? OH LET'S SEE!" She shouted angrily as Hiccup approached the table. Snotlout face palmed and shook his head at Gobber.

"Why'd you have to ask?!" He whined, burrowing his head into his hands and trying to block the sound.

"HICCUP TOOK A WHOLE CROWD OF VIKINGS! ALONE!" Astrid hissed, glaring hard at her betrothed. Someone whooped from the crowd and quickly stopped when they got a scowl from her.

"Astrid, I'm okay! And it was to help Toothless!" Hiccup defended, stepping closer to her. She let out a frustrated breath and looked at him in disbelief.

"WHAT IF YOU DIED? WHAT IF YOU COULDN'T TAKE THEM? WHAT HAPPEN THEN?" Astrid yelled at him, her eyes a mixture of worry and complete anger.

"YOU HAVE A VILLAGE TO TAKE CARE OF! WHAT WOULD THEY ALL DO? HAVE SNOTLOUT RULE?!" Astris shouted and scoffed in disgust as she said the last sentence.

"Hey!" Snotlout complained, taking his head out of his hands and frowning at Astrid.

"Gods, we would all die if Snotlout ruled" Ruffnut said, shaking her head in horror of the thought. "The village would perish!" Tuffnut exaggerated, making a weird face.

"Uhh, Astrid. I think you need to calm down" Fishlegs told her friend, looking at everyone who was listening to her.

"Calm down?" Astrid asked softly, sending the boy a glare and glancing back at Hiccup who just looked at her.

"NO! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE ALMOST DIED! FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME ALREADY!" She shouted again, making Fishlegs wince. Her eyes shifted back to Hiccup and she frowned.

"Astrid" Hiccup called out, stepping closed to her. "HICCUP YOU CANNOT KEEP DOING THIS! I WILL GO CRAZY! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH I WORRY?" Astrid asked him loudly and shook her head in fury.

"Astrid" He said again and stepped closer to her. "WHAT?!" She replied, looking at him expectantly.

"The whole village is watching" Hiccup said, glancing at their surroundings as everyone looked at them. Astrid let out a shaky breath and inhaled deeply.

"I do not care, Hiccup Haddock! I need you to be safe! Odin, if I lost you, I would literally fall apart and die! I love you so much!" Astrid told him in a loud and angry voice, becoming more vulnerable and worried than angry. Hiccup took her hands into his and looked into her eyes.

"I love you too-" He tried to say, but she shook her head and sighed. "No! You don't understand! I could have lost you-" She began, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"You will never lose me, Astrid, and to make you happy, I'll really make sure" Hiccup told her and she frowned in confusion.

"What are you-?" Astrid asked, but the gaped in shock as he kneeled down in front of her and pulled out a ring.

"Oh my Thor" Astrid whispered under her breath and covered her mouth with her hands. They stared lovingly into each other's eyes and she felt tears well up again, but a completely different kind.

'Awws' erupted from the crowd and some people gasped in adoration. Fishlegs and the twins stifled a squeal while Snotlout tried to hide a smile.

"Astrid Hofferson," Hiccup began, giving her a small smile. "I've been in love with you for so many years now and there isn't anything in the world that's going to stop me from loving you for many more years to come" He told her sincerely, making her heart burst in love.

"I love everything about you. The way you smile, the way you laugh, the way you punch me or hit me when I know you wanna do the opposite. Or, you know, when you really do wanna hit me" Hiccup said, making her laugh softly and sniffle.

"Even if you make me worry so much in every battle, or you make me so love sick that I drift off sometimes like the dork you tell me I am, or when you scold me in front of my own tribe and call out my stupidness-" He continued, making her smile more and more.

"I don't regret it one bit. Every single second I'm with you is worth it. You make me do the craziest and stupidest things, so will you do one thing in return and marry me?" Hiccup asked, eyes looking into hers hopefully. Astrid put down her hands and nodded, bursting into a smile.

"Yes, you knucklehead!" Astrid answered, making him grin widely and stand up before sliding the ring onto her finger. The crowd cheered loudly and clapped happily as the coupled leaned in for a kiss.

Astrid laced her arms around his neck and he placed his on her neck, bringing her closer and kissing her deeply. They both smiled into the kiss and pulled back after a few seconds.

"I love you" Astrid told him, smiling happily with a tear falling down her cheek. He let out a soft laugh and nodded.

"I love you too, m'lady" Hiccup said back and hugged her tightly. She wrapped her hands around his middle, hugging back and feeling her heart flutter.

Hiccup sighed softly in content and kissed the side of her head. He had everything he wanted or needed right in his arms-

"OW!" He exclaimed pulling back and seeing Astrid start glaring at him again.

"Don't think this conversation is over just because you propose to me!" Astrid explained and Hiccup chuckled lightly, shaking his head.

"And you call me stubborn" He teased and placed a hand on her cheek, gazing happily at her face. Her eyes softened and she smiled back.

"Fine. I'll be happy that you finally popped the question" Astrid gave in and leaned into his touch.

"Because usually people are very sad when their boyfriend proposes" Hiccup said sarcastically, making her laugh.

The rest of Berk just watched as their chief and general laughed and kissed each other again. From fighting to a proposal, this couple was truly something. Something truly unique.