Scrap Metal

Hi guys! Sorry for not posting for so long, I got REALLY into PJO. Also Percabeth is so cute! My gods, I have so many ships and they're all so amazing.

The requests are still being made, so bear with me :>

Hope you understand the scrap metal reference in this! (Also, I sneaked a PJO reference hehe)

Anyways, this happens after HTTYD3 and they look like how they are there! Enjoy!

———————

"Hey, gang" Hiccup greeted, walking over to the place they were all hanging out in. He was dragging a wagon behind him and smiled at Astrid.

"Hey" Astrid greeted back with a smile and looked behind him. "What's in the wagon?" She asked him and he shrugged.

"Just some scrap metal-" Hiccup answered, getting cut off by Fishlegs laughing loudly and quickly covering it with a cough. The rest of his friends stifled laughter and giggles, looking away.

"What?" He asked unsurely, his smile dropping into a small nervous frown. His eyes landed on Astrid and he saw her forcing down a grin and shaking her head.

"Guys?" Hiccup asked again, raising an eyebrow at them. Snotlout bit his lip to stop from laughing and turned to his cousin with a straight face.

"So.... want to deliver some scrap metal?" Snotlout asked Hiccup and everyone bursted into laughter. Fishlegs covered his mouth as he giggled uncontrollably while the twins beside him snickered.

Hiccup rolled his eyes at them and sighed in exasperation. "You're still not over that?" He questioned.

"You still love scrap metal?" Tuffnut retorted and they laughed even louder. Astrid held her stomach and shook her head while she laughed at him.

"When Astrid thinks he'll propose, he'd just ask her to deliver some scrap metal!" Fishlegs giggled.

"You know, I don't know why you're betrothed to Astrid and not the scrap metal" Snotlout told him, making Hiccup scoff playfully.

"Do you Hiccup take some scrap metal as your lawfully wedded wife?" Ruffnut mused and they all laughed, shaking their heads. Astrid grinned at Hiccup and he smiled teasingly back at her.

She laughed again and Hiccup felt his heart flutter. He'd known Astrid for all his life and he'd seen her almost every single day, but at that moment she had never looked so beautiful in his eyes.

She looked so happy, care-free, and he just couldn't help but fall in love with her all over again. For the past three years that they were betrothed, he grew to love the person in front of him more and more.

The greatest lesson Hiccup had ever learned was that with love came loss. Like how he lost his father and how Toothless left him. But no matter what she was always there for him.

Astrid was everything to him. The world could be falling apart, but all that would really matter to Hiccup was that Astrid was still there with him. He couldn't bear to loose her.

He remember the ring in one of his pockets and felt a rush of adrenaline through his veins. He had just finished making that ring, crafting it perfectly for her. He blinked out of his trance to see Astrid smiling and instantly knew what to do.

Out of no where and making his friends' laughter stop, Hiccup knelt to the floor in front of Astrid who's eyes widened.

The rest of the gang gaped in shock and Fishlegs held in a excited squeal. Astrid frowned in confusion as Hiccup smiled back at her from the ground.

"Wh-what are you doing?" She asked and he grinned widely, pulling out the ring from his picket and holding it out to her.

Astrid's jaw dropped and her eyes gathered tears as she saw the ring. "Finally delivering that scrap metal" Hiccup answered and she laughed airily, her mouth forming a smile again.

"Astrid, we've been through everything together. We've gone through the ups and the downs, but I couldn't regret any of them." Hiccup told her, his green eyes sparkling and looking to her blue ones.

"Even the downs. They might've been the most terrible things, but they were less terrible with you by my side." He continued and she hugged herself, trying to stop tears from falling. She smiled brightly at him and couldn't feel anything else but love for her auburn haired knuckle head.

"I never want to be without you and I hope you never wanna be without me too" Hiccup finished and let out a deep breath.

"Astrid Hofferson, will you finally let me deliver some scrap metal and marry me?" He asked her and she chuckled, nodding her head.

"Yes" She breathed, a smiled spreading on her face and a happy tear slipping down her cheek. Hiccup grinned back widely at her and stood up. She wrapped her hands around him and hugged Hiccup tightly.

"Awwww!" Their friends cooed and sniffled softly. Fishlegs looked at them in awe and had tears falling down his face while Snotlout bit back a happy smile.

He hugged her back and tilted his head to press a lingering kiss on her cheek. They pulled back and he slipped the ring on her finger, both of their eyes locking into a loving gaze.

"I'm still teasing you for the scrap metal" Astrid told him, placing her hands on his neck. Hiccup rolled his eyes playfully and sighed in fake exasperation.

"I said it one time!" Hiccup exclaimed and she grinned, shaking her head at him again. "Come here, you" He murmured and placed his hands on her waist, kissing her softly.

Astrid chuckled and kissed him back, her heart doing a flip in her chest. She had to admit. Scrap metal, the one around her finger and the one that distracted him from the betrothal necklace she was wearing, was something that brought them together.