Better Off Part III

Hi guys! Continuation that I made funny because the next request will be angsty! Enjoy!

———————

"So.... what happened?" Astrid asked after they pulled away from their kiss. Hiccup let out a small chuckle and shook his head.

"Hiccup, I deserve to know why you nearly broke up with me" She pressed him, looking deep into his bright green eyes that looked lovingly at her.

Hiccup sighed softly and shrugged, giving in. "Well, Theo talked to me and basically told me I was awkward, degraded my disability and said If I loved you, I would let you be with a real viking" He told her, looking down at their feet.

Astrid felt her blood boil as she heard this and her fists clenched. She panted heavily, glaring hard at an image of Theo in her head and just wanted to make him pay.

"Its not big deal, really-" Hiccup started, but then frowned when he saw Astrid abruplty stand up and ran towards Stormfly.

"Astrid?" He called after her and quickly got to his feet, chasing after the glaring blonde as she soared into the sky.

"Chase my crazy angry lady, will ya bud?" Hiccup told Toothless who chuckled and flew into the sky, following after his Nadder friend.

Astrid landed right in the middle of the plaza, near where Theo was talking to a vendor. She huffed angrily and jumped off her dragon.

"Theo!" She called out his name and he turned around to face her, grinning. Her glare on him hardened and she stomped closer.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO HICCUP?!?! HUH?! TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE??!!! HE IS A REAL VIKING AND DON'T YOU DARE MAKE FUN OF HIS LEG!" Astrid spat at Theo and punched him hard in the jaw, earning a few 'ooh!'s from the crowd.

Berk already knew very well to never get Astrid angry and they knew that she was angriest when someone insulted her betrothed. Insulting her was one thing, but insulting the one she loved the most? You should start planning your funeral.

"YOU ARE A COWARD! A DISGUSTING PIG WHO SHOUDL GET AWAY FROM HERE! TELLING HIM ALL THOSE THINGS, YOU HAVE SOME NERVE, BOY!" Astrid continued to yell loudly at him and kicked his stomach after he fell to the floor.

"SOME NERVE!" She repeated, her head shaking and her body trembling with complete anger and rage. From behind her, Hiccup quickly landed and his eyes widened at the scene, swiftly going over to her.

"I WILL KILL YOU! I WILL KICK YOUR-!" Hiccup quickly wrapped his around her waist, pulling her back and stopping her from kicking the poor boy.

"OH-KAY! HI, M'LADY! We will calm down and not kill anyone!" He shouted as he squirmed in his arms, trying to break free and hit Theo who whimpered in fear.

"Okay! To the forest! Preventing murder, here! Please, back away!" Hiccup exclaimed as the crowd cleared and carried Astrid by her stomach on his shoulder, punching his back softly.

When they got to the forest, Hiccup placed down his betrothed, making her grunt loudly in protest. He placed his hands on her forearms and kept her in front of him.

"H-hey! Calm down!" He told her, a small smile on his face as he blocked her way. Astrid, felt his touch and sighed softly, calming down.

"Sorry, I-i just, lost control" She apologized, melting into his arms and he smiled sadly at her. Hiccup wrapped his arms around her and Astrid hugged him back, nuzzling her head into his neck.

"It's okay. It's nice to know you care, though" Hiccup said, resting her head on hers and closing his eyes. Astrid laughed softly and hummed in content.

"Didn't I already tell you?" She teased, pulling back and lacing her hands around his neck. He chuckled and shrugged.

"I'm very needy, can't you tell?" Hiccup replied playfully, making them both laugh happily. Astrid grinned and shook her head, staring into his eyes. She leaned in to kiss him, but he pulled back.

"Umm, before we do that, can we please get rid of Theo first?" He asked and she chuckled, nodding and pulling him back to the village.

"Yes please" Astrid agreed and he laced their hands together.

"I'll talk though, so that no one gets killed or... swears heavily" Hiccup continued, making Astrid scoff.

"Not heavily" She defended and pouted at him.
"Just a normal amount" She told him, making Hiccup chuckle.

"If you say so, m'lady" He said back, shrugging and kissing the top of her head as they arrived back at the plaza.

There, Stoick and a crowd of Berkians surrounded Theo who was holding ice to his chin. Stoick looked up from and narrowed his eyes at the couple.

"What happened?" He asked them as the two dragon riders got closer. Astrid squeezed Hiccup's hand gently before going over to Stoick and telling him the whole thing.

The auburn haired boy sighed as he happily watched his betrothed talk and just be... Astrid. The person he loved with everything he had.

Someone coughed from beside him and he looked over to see Theo glaring hard at him. Hiccup rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What now?" He asked, looking at the injured boy. Theo scoffed and shook his head.

"Everything I said was-" Theo started, but was interrupted by Hiccup. "Stupid and untrue" The dragon rider finished and glared at the boy.

"You don't know anything and won't stay long enough to find out" He continued, looking back at Astrid and stepped closer to Theo.

"I honestly don't care if anyone insults me, but" Hiccup said and looked back at him with dark eyes.

"If you flirt with her or touch her in any way, I will hurt you. Far worse than she did" Hiccup threatened, eyes flashing with anger towards the strange boy. Theo gulped and nodded, stepping away from the heir who looked like he was gonna kill him.

Hiccup pulled back and walked over to Astrid who smiled brightly at him. "I told your dad and Theo's getting kicked out" She told him and he smiled back at her.

"Thank gods" Hiccup sighed in relief and rested his hands on her waist, staring into her blue eyes and sighing again.

"Can we kiss now?" Astrid whispered teasingly and he chuckled, leaning in to kiss her deeply. She hummed in content and kissed back, placing her hands on his chest.

The stupid boy was sent back to his boat and banned from ever coming back. Certainly, without Theo there, Berk and Hiccup and Astrid were better off.