A Mother

Hi guys! A small oneshot in honor of Mother's day! Love your moms, guys!

This is when Astrid is giving birth to Zephyr. Hiccstrid is 24 and enjoy!

———————

"AGHHHHH! HICCUP!" Astrid yelled loudly and held her husband's hand tightly who cringed slightly but said nothing.

"You can do it. I believe in you-" Hiccup started and Astrid groaned frustratedly.

"I LOVE YOU AND STUFF, BUT PLEASE! SHUT UP!" She shouted and he nodded, shutting up.

"Okay, one last push!" Valka told her and smiled encouragingly at her daughter-in-law who panted tiredly.

Astrid furrowed her eyebrows and pushed the hardest she could one last time. She felt so much terrible pain, but continued to push with everything she had. Soon, she heard a loud cry from somewhere in the wrong and she collapsed on the bed.

"You did it, you did it, m'lady. I am so proud of you." Hiccup whispered and kissed her sweaty forehead. She let out a deep breath and looked around for their child.

"It's a girl, son" Valka said, walking over to them and passing him a small bundled up baby girl. The baby's cries died down as she lied in her father's arms. Hiccup felt his breath catch in his throat and just smiled happily.

The baby's eyes slowly fluttered open and he saw a dazzling shade of blue. He felt his heart melt and tears fall from his face. Turning to his wife with a huge smile, she looked over at their daughter and choked back a sob.

He gently handed her over to her and sat down by the side of the bed. Astrid took their child in her arms and immediately felt her heart burst in love. Tears falling down her face, she laughed softly as she looked at her baby's face.

"Astrid, she's so perfect" Hiccup whispered softly and Astrid nodded. He carefully pushed back the cloth from her head, revealing small locks of auburn brown.

"She's a mix of both of us" Astrid said, smiling brightly. Hiccup moved his hand down to her small hand and it slowly grasped his finger.

"Babe, look" She told him, letting out a small chuckle. The new father felt himself melt and found a new determination to protect her at all times.

"Thank you for giving birth to her. It was so difficult, but it gave us her" He whispered and kissed his wife's forehead affectionately as she sniffled a little.

"I would do anything for her" Astrid replied, and leaned her head on his. "What's the name we thought off?" She asked her husband, looking at her baby lovingly. Hiccup smiled as well.

A soft breeze entered the room and the mother instinctively brought her daughter closer to her. "Funny enough, Zephyr. Meaning, a soft and gentle breeze" He answered, making Astrid laugh softly.

"I love it" She said and smiled up at him. He smiled back and kissed her sweetly for a brief second.

"I love you" He replied after they pulled away, making her grin. Even after labor, literally pushing a child out of you, she still looked like a valkyrie to him.

Astrid looked back at her baby and Hiccup couldn't keep his eyes off the two of them. Astrid just looked so in love and happy, somehow she was almost glowing. Her eyes were so filled with love. Motherly love.

His wife was one of a kind. She wasn't skilled in the domestic field, instead in the war and battle one. They were the only two who could beat each other in battle and always trained together.

She wasn't good at cooking, nor sowing, but she definitely was still a great wife. Because a wife wasn't someone who did chores, she was someone who loved their partner and supported them.

Astrid has supported him ever since they were 15, so she was beyond a great wife. Now, Hiccup knew that she was something so much more.

Just from the way she looked at Zephyr, they way her eyes never left her daughter's fave. The way she smiled so brightly and happily. The way she held her baby close.

Astrid wasn't just a warrior or a wife, or even a chieftess. She was something even better. Astrid was a mother.