Stubborn Haddocks

Hi guys! I made a little adjustment, but I still hope you like it! I loved writing this so much 😊

Hiccstrid is 41, Zephyr is 18, Nuffink is 16. Enjoy!

———————

The sun was setting when Astrid walked into her house. She sighed happily as she that it was empty and placed her stuff down on her desk.

It was Friday night after a very long week of work. The whole week they had negotiations, treaties to be signed, a sheep problem, just so much stuff. Finally, she was alone and could rest.

The blonde plopped down on the couch and lied down on the comfy furs. She let out a sigh of content and closed her eyes, letting herself rest.

'Thank Thor' She said on her head. 'This a well deserved nap. If only it could last forever' She thought.

"No, it's Tuffnuf!" A voice shouted loudly as the door slammed open and footsteps came in. Astrid's eyes bursted open and she realized it was her children arguing.

"Oh come on! It's Ruffnut!" Nuffink yelled back, making Astrid sit up and sigh loudly.

"Guys, can you keep it down?" Astrid asked, eying both of them. They looked over at her surprised as they thought they were alone and nodded.

"Sure, mom" "We promise" They replied and Astrid went back to her nap, lying down again and closing her eyes.

"Still think it's Ruffnut though" Nuffink mumbled and Zephyr groaned in frustration, completely forgetting what their mother had said.

"It's not! Tuffnug always blows things up! How many times does Ruffnut?! Tuffnut is the most destructive!" Zephyr argued and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Ruffnut is the most destructive!" Nuffink retorted loudly, copying her stance. Astrid took a deep breath and closed her eyes tighter, trying to ignore their fighting.

"No! You knucklehead, Tuffnut is!" Her daughter shouted, making her let out a frustrated breath.

"Stupid head!"
"Muttonhead!"
"Dork!"
"Idiot!"
"Moron!" They fought back and forth, making Astrid want to pull her ears off. Finally, she had enough and groaned angrily.

"OH MY GODS! Can you two knock it off?!?" Astrid yelled at them, sitting up and glaring hard at her children. They hung their heads in shame and nodded.

"Sorry, mom" They apologized and Astrid sighed in relief.

"It's Ruffnut though" Zephyr muttered under her breath and before Nuffink could reply, Astrid huffed in anger.

"OK! THAT'S IT! OUTSIDE! TWO LAPS AROUND THE VILLAGE!" Astrid scolded and pointed to the door, narrowing her eyes at them. They looked at her with widened eyes and frowned when they saw she was serious.

"But, mom-" Nuffink started.
"Do you want to be three laps?" Astrid threatened and they gulped and shook their head rapidly.

"Go!" She told them and tilted her head at the door and they ran out before she could get any angrier.

"Thank Thor, they're gone!" Astrid exclaimed and lied back down on the couch, finally being able to rest.

While Astrid rested peacefully on the couch, her two children ran around the village, panting and sweating.

"This is all your fault!" Zephyr told him in between pants as they ran towards the plaza. Nuffink heaved and shook his head.

"You're the one that had to continue it!" He said, making her scoff.