Only One For Me Part I

Hi guys! Another angsty series! Happens before HTTYD2! Enjoy!

———————

It was another normal after noon and the race was down to the last lap, the black sheep. Hiccup and Astrid were tied with five and the rest with only one or two.

Once the sound of the horn filled the island, the betrothed couple immediately searched the skies for the black sheep. A pair of green eyes and blue ones landed on the flying sheep and widened.

"Come on, girl!" Astrid exclaimed as she and Stormfly soared towards the sheep, flying higher and higher.

"We can do this, bud!" Hiccup said to Toothless while they also climbed higher into the sky.

Just when Stormfly's talons were about to grab the black sheep, a black figure quickly passed by and took it. Astrid gasped and looked over to see Hiccup grinning widely at her. He gave her a small bow before soaring off the baskets, making Astrid roll her eyes.

Hiccup laughed at her reaction softly as he approached the platform and jumped off his Nightfury. He landed onto the wood and dunked the afraid sheep into Astrid's basket.

The crowd cheered happily and stood up, clapping their hands at the young heir. Hiccup smiled happily and turned back to his betrothed.

"ASTRID-or is it Hiccup?- WINS THE GAME!" Gobber hesitantly announces, stroking his beard in confusion. Astrid smiled widely at the crowd and looked down at Hiccup who gazed lovingly at her.

She laughed softly as he shrugged and grinned wider at her. Stoick called for him and he smiled at her one last time before flying over to his father.

Astrid turned back to the cheering crowd and petted her dragon's head gently. "What do you say we take a victory lap, Stormfly?" She asked her dragon who squawked playfully and soared around the area.

Meanwhile, Stoick quickly ushered Hiccup into their empty house and locked the door. The boy frowned as he saw his father turn to him with a serious look on his face.

"Dad? What's going-?" Hiccup began to ask, but Stoick raised a hand to silence him. The chief looked sternly into his son's eyes and sighed softly.

"I arranged a marriage between you and the heir of another powerful tribe. She will be coming here tomorrow and-" Stoick began, but was cut off by his son.

"WHAT!?" Hiccup yelled confused and frowned angrily at his father. Hiccup's blood began to run cold at the thought of him marrying someone other than the blonde dragon rider he loved.

"I know you are betrothed to Astrid and I am happy for you two, but the tribe must come first. A chief protects his own-"

"Dad, no! I love Astrid!" Hiccup told him loudly, feeling his fists clench. How could he do this? His own father, do this?

"I am aware of that, Hiccup. But this will help the tribe and make it better!" Stoick argued, trying to keep a calm-voice as Hiccup's anger began to rise.

"Berk is fine! I am not marrying this random girl from some stupid tribe!" Hiccup asserted, his voice getting louder every time he spoke. He couldn't marry anyone other than Astrid. He couldn't even think of it.

"Just meet her, she's coming here tomorrow!" Stoick demanded, making Hiccup even angrier. The boy let out a frustrated groan and ran a hand through his hair.

"No! No! This is all so messed up, dad! Astrid and I are betrothed and I love her all the way to Valhalla." Hiccup said in anger before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes and looked seriously into his father's.