Together

Hi guys! First, i wanna say when they said goodbye, how is Hiccup standing?? Didn't he lose his prosthetic and needed Astrid to help him up? (Magic of HTTYD, Abby, it's magic!)

Second, I love how nice and amazing you guys are! It always brightens my day and inspires me to write.

Third, have I used this chapter tittle before? If so, whoops 😅

This happens right after HTTYD3, enjoy!

———————

Hiccup watched his best friend flying away, a tear falling down his cheek. He sniffled softly and looked back at Astrid who had a sad expression on her face.

She met his gaze and sighed softly, walking towards him. He hoped over to her and she looped her arm under his, helping him stand.

They leaned against each other as they watched the dragons fly away, tears falling down their cheeks. After the dragons were out of view, Astrid leaned her head against Hiccup's chest.

"I know, m'lady. I know" Hiccup comforted her and kissed the top of her head. She pulled her head back up and gave him a grateful smile.

For a moment, the two just stared into each other's eyes, fully understanding what the other was feeling and being comforted by just their presence.

Astrid looked down at his missing leg and chuckled, glancing back up at him. "Let's get you a new leg" She said, helping him walk back to his hut.

The whole way, she felt a prickle of pain from her leg and looked down to see a cut. She shrugged it off, wanting to help her betrothed first.

When they got to his hut, Hiccup plopped onto the bed and Astrid looked inside his luggage for a new prosthetic.

"There" Hiccup told her and pointed at a brown case by the desk. Astrid walked over there and picked up a metal leg from inside.

She was now slightly limping at the pain and bit her lip to keep from crying out. Hiccup frowned, seeing her limp and knowing from her face that she was in pain.

"Ast, are you okay? You're limping" He said to her worriedly while putting on the prosthetic and keeping his eyes on her.

"I'm fine, Hiccup" She answered and smiled at him, trying to ignore her leg that seemed to be screaming 'YOU ARE NOT FINE'.

"Are you sure? Did you get hurt out there?" Hiccup asked again, getting even more concerned as he began to stand up.

"I didn't. See, I'm fine- OW!" Astrid exclaimed in pain as she tried to stand straight, but ended up falling into Hiccup's arms.

He swiftly looped an arm under her knees and carried her to his bed, making her sit down. He looked at her leg and saw a big and exposed cut.

"Astrid! You are hurt!" Hiccup said in worry, frowning at her and glancing back at the cut. He turned and quickly looked for a medical kit to heal her.

"Babe, it's just a small cut-" Astrid tried to persuade him but he chuckled and shook his head.

"Small? M'lady, you're not blind anymore, so you know that's not a 'small cut'" He teased, coming back to her with a small case. She snorted and rolled her eyes, grinning at the memory.

"Fine, you can put a bandage on it" She gave in as he sat down beside her and propped up her leg onto his lap. He opened the bag and took out a small bottle, grinning back at her.

"What, you think the most stubborn knucklehead you know would give up helping his betrothed because she said so?" Hiccup told her playfully and put a little of the liquid onto her cut.

"Why do my words always have to betray me?" Astrid asked through clenched teeth as she winced from the sting of the liquid on her cut.

"Sorry, beautiful" Hiccup whispered, noticing her pain, and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

Astrid laughed softly as he did and he smiled back, looking inside the case for materials to heal her again. The blonde sighed softly while she watched him take out a bandage and gently wrapped it around her leg.

"Hiccup?" Astrid called out and he hummed in reply, looking back up at her.

"What do we do now?" She asked, a frown forming on her face. Hiccup looked back at her and smiled sadly.

"Move on and rebuild, I guess. It's gonna be different, but we'll get through it" He replied, shrugging slightly and finishing off the bandage.

Astrid carefully swung her legs down the bed and rested her head on Hiccup's chest, closing her eyes.

"Together" She said softly and he nodded, draping an arm around her and pulling her closer to him.

"Together" He repeated and closed his eyes again, resting his head on hers. They both hugged each other tightly, scared of the future and what was going to happen. Both sad, remembering the past and how they missed it.

But they knew that no matter what, no matter the change or time that passed, one thing was for sure. They would always be together.