Overprotective

Hi guys! I loved writing the end of this so much! Hope you like it, cause I did!

Happens when Hiccstrid is 24, enjoy!

———————

Astrid was walking along the streets of New Berk, heavily pregnant with her and Hiccup's baby. She looked down at her baby bump and smiled brightly, placing a hand on it.

She was walking back home after she went to see how the progress in their trading were going. Even if Hiccup had told her to stay inside their house for the day, she didn't care.

Ever since they had a small scare at towards the end of her seventh month, Hiccup had been way to overprotective of her. Every time Astrid wanted to go out, he needed to be with her.

Astrid sighed deeply and shook her head, thinking of it. It deeply frustrated her that he was so protective of her that she couldn't even do normal things! It was nice that he cared, but this was too much.

She opened the door and stepped inside, letting out another sigh. She turned her head to look up and saw her husband standing right in front of her with an angry face.

"Astrid, where were you?!" Hiccup asked and frowned at her, his arms crossed over his chest. She gritted her teeth and looked at him.

"Seeing how the trading event was going" Astrid told him and sat down by their couch beside him. He followed her and shook his head.

"The Hall is almost a mile away and you had no one with you. You have to be with at least me!" Hiccup said, frowning even more and walking over to stand closer to her.

"It's not a mile and I'm fine, Hiccup!" Astrid argued. "Well, you could've gotten hurt!" He yelled at her, making her glare at him.

"I can't believe you! It's like you're locking me up in our house!" She shouted back and stood up from the couch.

"It's for you and the baby, Astrid!" He replied loudly, starting to glare at her and letting his arms fall to his side.

"I. Am. FINE!" She screamed, frustrated tears gathering in her eyes. He groaned and brought his hands up to his face.

"LOCKING ME UP IN OUR HOUSE IS NOT GOING TO MAKE ME FINE! I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!" Astrid continued to shout at him as he shook his head.

"I need time alone" Astrid said softly, her voice breaking at the end as a tear fell down her cheek. She stormed out of the house and left Hiccup all by himself in the empty building.

He sighed heavily and plopped onto the couch, burying his face in his hands again. He closed his eyes and tried to think, feeling more broken than ever. He hadn't always been this protective of her.

When Astrid was almost at 8 months, they had a scare in the middle of the night. Blood covered the sheets and they thought they were having a miscarriage. He carried her all the way to Gothi's hut and remembered how utterly terrified he was.

He just wanted what was best for the baby and Astrid. He didn't want any of them to get hurt. They were the loves of his life and he couldn't bare to lose one of them.

Hiccup knew that his wife was right. That he was being crazily protective and almost cutting her out from the rest of the world. That she was miserable staying in the house all day.

But he couldn't help it. The last time he lost someone was his best friend and his father. He swore to himself that he wouldn't lose anyone else.

His heart strings pulled hard in his chest and he couldn't help but want his wife in his arms again. He wanted to tell her he was sorry and wanted to make her happy again because he knew he was wrong.

Hiccup pulled his head out of his hands and stood up, walking over to the door and determined to find his wife.

Suddenly, the door swung open and Astrid stepped back in. Her eyes were wide as he sighed in relief and went over to her.

"Thank gods, you came back, m'lady. I am so sorry" Hiccup apologized and took her hands into his, staring into her blue eyes.

"Hiccup" Astrid called out firmly and he shook his head, not letting her speak.

"Astrid, it was completely unfair and not right for me to have you always stay at home. It's so stupid and I'm so sorry for being so protective of you" He continued to apologize and she but her lip nervously.

"Hiccup" She said again, but her ignored her.
"I promise to let you do your own things. I just love you and the baby so much and I don't want both of you to get hurt-" He began.

"HICCUP, I'M GOING INTO LABOR" Astrid yelled, interrupting him and making him gape. His eyes widened in surprise and she smiled at him.

"I forgive you and I love you too, babe. But can we please have this baby- OWW" She exclaimed in pain and held her belly in her hands. Hiccup was knocked out of his trance and he looked at his wife worriedly.

"Contraction?" He asked in concern and placed a hand on her back, gently guiding her out there house and to Gothi's hut.

"WHAT ELSE, HICCUP?!?" Astrid yelled at him as she felt another contraction go through her body. She frowned and looked up at him apologetically.

"Sorry, Hicc" She apologized, looking at him with her big blue eyes and making his heart melt. "It's okay, you're giving birth for Odin's sake" He told her, a smile growing on both their faces.

"We're gonna have a baby" Astrid whispered excitedly and smiled brightly at her husband.

"We're gonna have a baby" Hiccup repeated, a huge smile on his face as they thought of it. He pressed their foreheads together and she sighed in content.

"I love you" He told her lovingly.
"I love you too- OWWW!" She groaned loudly and they quickly pulled apart.

"Okay, we seriously need to get this baby out now" Hiccup said with a frown and guided his wife up to the hut. "Yes, please" Astrid pleaded and nodded as they walked quickly.

Many long hours later, Zephyr Hofferson Haddock was brought into the world, looking perfect and beautiful in both her parents eyes.

Now, they would both have to admit. Astrid and Hiccup would be very overprotective of their small baby.