Nightmares

Hi guys! A request! Happens after HTTYD3, Astrid is 3 months pregnant during this! Enjoy!

———————

Astrid opened her eyes and saw that she was laying on a bed in Gothi's hut. She looked around and heard people crying, then suddenly felt that something was wrong.

She looked down, waiting to see her pregnant belly, but widened her eyes when she saw it was flat once more. She quickly scanned the room for her baby anywhere, but couldn't find him or her.

"Where's my baby?!" Astrid asked loudly and saw Valka approach her with a tear stained face. Astrid gasped, not wanting to know the cold truth.

"N-no" She choked out, hugging her stomach dearly and crying softly. She shook her head and hung her head in shame of the loss of her child.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice yell in pain from outside and her head shot up. Valka had disappeared, leaving her alone in the room. Astrid quickly stood up and walked outside, looking for the sound.

Her eyes landed on a figure sprawled out on the ground and a pool of blood under it. She brought her hands up to her mouth and felt tears fall down her cheeks at a rapid pace.

She ran over to Hiccup and tried to stop the bleeding, sobbing softly to her husband. "Hiccup!" She called out to him, crying loudly and looking at his lifeless face.

The color drained from her face as she saw no movement from him. She quickly stood up, looking for help, but the whole village erupted into flames around her, making her gasp in horror.

"Astrid!" The voices of Hiccup, her friends, and family shouted in agony and a baby's weak cry was heard in the background. Astrid turned in a circle around, wanting to help and shaking her head at all the damage. She was so overwhelmed by everything and she finally broke down.

Astrid fell to her knees and sobbed hard, a numbness spreading through out her whole body as she felt the fires heat and heard the people's shouts.

"ASTRID!" She heard someone shout loudly and she continued to cry, knowing it was just another shout of pain she couldn't help.

"ASTRID!" Someone shouted and Astrid bolted up from the bed, panting and sweating heavily. She quickly looked down at her stomach, relieved to see her small baby bump and hadn't lost the child.

Astrid remembered her dream and looked around frantically for anyone. She felt a hand on her arm and she turned to see her husband.

"Astrid!" Hiccup called out to her and she faces him, calming down a little once she looked into his concerned green eyes. She began to cry softly again and he pulled her closer, hugging her.

"You're okay, you're okay" He told her, patting down her hair as she sobbed into his chest. He rocked her slowly and closed his eyes, resting his head on hers.

"It was just a nightmare" He muttered to her and moved his head to kiss the side of her head comfortingly.

When she finally calmed down, she pulled away and looked back at his face that frowned worriedly. Hiccup took her hands in his and sighed softly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked her, looking into her scared blue eyes. She nodded and sniffled softly.

"I-i lost the baby and th-then I heard you scream and saw y-your de-dead body. Then everything- New Berk- we-went up into fla-flames. I-i head s-shouts b-but I couldn't help" She told him, tears gathering into her eyes while she talked.

She looked down at her small stomach and placed her hands on top of it, caressing it dearly. She let out a soft sob, afraid that she would lose the baby and everything important to her.

Hiccup placed his hands on top of hers, making her look up at him, and he looked deeply into her eyes.

"Nothing bad is gonna happen. We are all okay, Berk, you, me, the baby is okay." He comforted her and she nodded.

"I just don't wanna lose everything, Hiccup" Astrid confessed, her eyes pleading for him to stay by her side forever. He gave her a small smile and shook his head.

"You aren't. I promise" Hiccup told her, making her give him a small smiled. She leaned her head on his chest and he wrapped an arm around her back.

Astrid had everything she ever wanted, her family, her friends, and now she was starting her own little family. Hiccup, her, and their unborn baby.

She was beyond terrified now with all these people in her life that she loved so much. But she wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. For the people she loved, she would do anything.

Including put up with the nightmares.