Avoiding

Hi guys! This happens before HTTYD3, they look like how they are there! Enjoy!

———————

The dragon riders were in another raid. They split apart in different directions, fighting off vikings and freeing dragons from their cages.

Once again, the tactic of stealth didn't work and they had to go full on combat. Astrid rolled her eyed at this thought and continued fighting a guard.

She blocked his sword with her axe and swiftly stepped to the side, hitting the guard's head with the blunt part of her axe.

Astrid heard a battle cry from behind her and prepared her axe, turning around and ducking from the swing of the viking's mace.

She hit back with her axe and easily disarmed the viking since he was still distracted from his earlier dogged hit. She was about to knock him out, but suddenly the viking fell to the floor.

Astrid frowned and looked up to see Hiccup grinning at her. Her eyes narrowed and she raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hiccup, that was my viking to knock out" She told him warily and he shrugged. "Eh, there's still gonna be more-" He started but Astrid thought of an idea and chuckled.

"You'll pay for that, babe" Astrid said to him with a playful smirk on her face. Hiccup opened his mouth to say something, but the blonde had already walked off.

Toothless warbled behind him as they he watched his betrothed battle more viking on the ship and gulped. He turned to his dragon with a worried face.

"She can't hurt me, right?" Hiccup asked the Night fury who snorted in reply. The chief rolled his eyed and looked up again, scanning his surroundings.

"Thanks for the support, bud" He mumbled as he lit Inferno and blocked an attack from another viking.

•••

It turns out, Astrid was able to make Hiccup pay. For the whole day, he hadn't talked to her since the raid. Even during breakfast and lunch, Astrid had eaten before him to avoid a conversation.

Hiccup looked out the forge window and his eyes widened when he saw the sun setting. It had been almost a day since he last talked to his betrothed. A day.

People might think that a day was a normal amount of time to be away from a loved one, but Hiccup knew it was nearly impossible for them to not talk.

They were almost forced to talk to each other! They were both dragon riders, both specialists in the Dragon Training Academy, both in the same friend group, both in the council, both leaders of Berk, chief and general, and most importantly, both betrothed to each other.

How could she possibly find a way to avoid him for so long? Hiccup sighed and shook his head, taking off his apron and putting down on the desk. He glanced back outside and his eyes widened when he spotted a familiar blonde head.

He rushed out the door, waking up Toothless on the way, and walked over to her. She seemed to be instructing another viking on something when he approached her.

"Astrid!" Hiccup called out to her and her head turned to see him. He caught her blue eyes and found a twinkle of mischievousness in them before she turned back.